A bit odd

Members online

burty

Alrite guys, I have a small timber frame to render next week, the architect told the boss to have ply, then batten, then felt, then mesh and then render which seems ridiculous not to have a solid background, they are purley relying on the tension of the mesh, anyone else heard of this??
How long do you all leave your scratch before top coating, I've known some leave a week and others top coat the next day?
Cheers guys

Alrite guys, I have a small timber frame to render next week, the architect told the boss to have ply, then batten, then felt, then mesh and then render which seems ridiculous not to have a solid background, they are purley relying on the tension of the mesh, anyone else heard of this??
How long do you all leave your scratch before top coating, I've known some leave a week and others top coat the next day?
Cheers guys

It can be finished that way. But that's old way and will get cracking. I'd use a tin coat system

Cheers guys

dont forget yer builders paper !!!!

Cheers guys
Hello mate, I've done a few porches like this just scratch as normal, but you have to tease it in then top coat next day. Jobs a good un!:coffe:

Hello mate

I am Richard Lord from Knauf, I am the technical manager that looks after a product called Knauf Aquapanel Exterior, which is a backer board for directly applied render, normally to a timber frame or SIP structure

The batten, paper/mesh andmultiple s&c coats is old school render to a timber frame. Due to the hard and brittle nature of s&c, and the fact that the timber frame will settle, it will almost certainly crack and fail over time

The modern method of rendering a timber frame is to have vertical battens to the timber frame, with a vent cavity top and bottom, then a 100% cement board, like Knauf Aquapanel Exterior, prior to a modern flexible thin coat render

Fell free to contact me to get assistance on Knauf Aquapanel Exterior if you like

Good luck

Richard Lord
Rlord@knauf.co.uk