Rendering on painted brickwork

Jt101

Hi guys

Got these two brick pillars to render as seen in photo

I know you can't render onto paint, so I tried removing it but this is as far as I've managed with a wire brush on a grinder and some paint stripper. If I cut a bunch of scoring marks with the grinder cutting blade then cover in SBR do you think it will hold?

I'm not going to go and rent a sand blaster, so this is the end of the road on this project. It's either good enough of a key or I'll walk away.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Attachments

• Rendering on painted brickwork
    20240502_161104.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
Try getting an orbital sander on it or a scabbler always best to get as much paint off as possible,then put a sbr slurry on stippled

Hi guys

Got these two brick pillars to render as seen in photo

I know you can't render onto paint, so I tried removing it but this is as far as I've managed with a wire brush on a grinder and some paint stripper. If I cut a bunch of scoring marks with the grinder cutting blade then cover in SBR do you think it will hold?

I'm not going to go and rent a sand blaster, so this is the end of the road on this project. It's either good enough of a key or I'll walk away.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Angle grinder, £5 diamond blade from Toolstation is 100% getting ALL of that off in about an hour

Mask up and go at it hard

That's what I'd be doing,

I Iike it thoroughly prepped myself.

I would be cleaning them up & pointing brickwork

@ render is the biggest mistake ————
Will look shite inside 12months
@ —-uk is famous for its shite weather ——-