Advice please- is this dry?

Mjones4248

Hi, I am having some work done and have absolutely no DIY knowledge and was hoping for some advice please ☺️.

We live in a 1930s house and my daughter’s bedroom has 3 external walls that were single bricked ( ?? No cavity- whatever the term is) so we got our builders to timber, insulate, put a vapour barrier and then plasterboard with the foil on top ( I realise none of those are the right terms but hopefully it makes sense).

I am concerned that the plaster isn’t drying. I have attached a photo. It has been 1.5 weeks, are those dark spots normal? Are they still wet? We have been running a dehumidifier every day and a heater the past 3 days.

I also have a second question about the floor, you all seem knowledgable so worth an ask!
Part of her room is over the porch and has no insulation. We found that the underside of her carpet underlay had black mould, which isn’t great since she has health issues already. The plan is to insulate the floor above the porch, then put a vapour barrier on top, seal it and new underlay to stop mould. Is this a good idea? I also came across this on screwfix: https://www.screwfix.com/p/acoustalay-3mm-300-premium-underlay-vapour-barrier-10m-/73764

I don’t think this is thick enough to act as a carpet underlay (?) but how would this compare to a normal plastic vapour barrier? Worth getting or should we stick with a normal vapour barrier?

Apologies for the novel. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• Advice please- is this dry?
    IMG_4092.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • Advice please- is this dry?
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Get a summer fan in room to move air along with dehumidifier. Maybe still a little damp in places.
Don't know a much about underlay. We used cloud 9.
Also cloud 12