youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
just seen this guy on youtube doin some mono pral m think its been on here before lookin at it looks quite rough as though hes not ruled it at all but the finish looks quite flat when scratched back is it not necessary to rule this gear or is just force of habit that we do

Yes mate just lay it on flat and spat it there's no wall cupboards going up against it, 10mm beads help

Disagree mate its not hard to get 15mm of gear flat in two passes and an I section
We are all different mate , but i will also have to disagree with you ,as you know i only do Weber ,so the material you use may be different ,on the weber course they show loads of pictures of work not ruled of ,to prove a point , that was 6 years ago ,and have done a few m2 since then

Doubt it keith you can't give a bad spread a straight edge and say itll look alright after same as freehand

Doubt it keith you can't give a bad spread a straight edge and say itll look alright after same as freehand
You are right there ,some guys cannot rule off ,and it is getting more so over the last few years ,dot /dab work has killed the art

This is his new one and he rules it with a speedskim.....................:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
hes a bit special isnt he the vid guy. did you see how lovely and straight his top line was when he "ruled" it

Spunky how wide is your spat ? surely a straight edge would get it flatter ! Do you get much play with it, is there enough there to straighten with an i section prior to rubbing ?

Rule it if you want im not preaching, you don't even have to spat it tbh we use 18-20" ish spats don't get what you mean about how much to play with?

Its the same as any renders lads lay on sand cement freehand they don't have the luxury of being able to I section it

The sun grasses up the quality on any occasions, how often do you drive by a modern building and see the dips and hollows in the modern render

It depends who's doing it? We can go round and round in circles anything ruled will be flatter of course it will i rule sand cement tbh I hate not ruling it monos a different beast you're fighting day joints and need to get it on asap personally I can't see the point in ruling it if you can get it flat and are scraping it back with a 3-4 foot rule

The sun grasses up the quality on any occasions, how often do you drive by a modern building and see the dips and hollows in the modern render

and a perfectly screeded floor, perfectly skimmed wall and face brickwork nothings perfect

I have never applied or seen anyone apply this gear or an equivalent,I have only ever used s,n,c.that looks a piece of pees to do in comparison.im sure it takes skill to do it properly though.not slagging...much.:RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.