Your method on domestic.

Members online

murkey

Domestic plastering is a bit of a mixed bag, from flat board to bark effect artex with crumbling window returns and everything in between.
With all the latest methods of plastering like flex trowels, sponging, speed skims what’s your preferred methods?

I’m getting back into it and have always just used one Marshalltown trowel but happy to try something else especially for a better finish with less pressure on finishing..

Greek fire for artex. I can't believe it is still being sold.
And finish with an Archemedes Death Ray. Burn them like ants.

Right. I'm off to the pub to see if they'll put the trooping of the Colour on TV.

Wish me luck.

Attachments

• 1559989394210.png
    1559989394210.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 136
Domestic plastering is a bit of a mixed bag, from flat board to bark effect artex with crumbling window returns and everything in between.
With all the latest methods of plastering like flex trowels, sponging, speed skims what’s your preferred methods?

I’m getting back into it and have always just used one Marshalltown trowel but happy to try something else especially for a better finish with less pressure on finishing..
Enough to pay bills. And as little as possible....

The diamond blade ss trowels are lovely! 2 swipes and done! Makes the gear go of quicker.

I lay on with 16 inch then speedskim then tidy edges up with 18 inch then 2nd coat then trowel up as you would and finish up with the nela max plastic trowel :D

or I just use my 16 all the way through... depending on the situations