Yet again I am on half days jobs

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Yet again I am on half day jobs just turning small amounts cash over. It alright for the goverment telling us we are all in this together. They have not a clue on the human cost of been out of work what it does to man or women when you
can not provide any longer. They never see the arguments and misery been out of work brings do you know why because they do not give a flying F--k about any of us.
The reason I wrote the above is, a young lad ask me today can I give him any work his mrs is on his case 24 /7
about work and money he just carnt seem to find any work at present.

its hard work mate i feel ya. i had 2 8 weeks spels last year wit nowt at all. its hard times out there. and wen u find work its rock botom prices. for instance my mate is a main contractor doin plastering for the likes of red row homes. he has just had another 13% reduction in his prices or he would lose the contract.

It not so bad for me mate my house is mine I have no debt and she works so I can sit it out if I had too. I always get something I have been on the trail a long time now and pressed a lot of flesh over the years.
So what did redrow say to your mate were droping your price 13% you have to ask the question why???????
Every thing going up but your standard of living is falling T***s T***s T***s that is what they are.

work is quite at the moment got to just keep plodin on same ear henry tiny mortgage almost payed off but dosent stop you waitin 4 the phone 2 ring 2 doe some work because you get :RpS_bored:

at least you can joke about being in negative equity.
why are they reducing prices?
its because they can get away with it,they aint reducing the price of houses certainly not around here at least.its all media talk,talking the economy down.
miller homes have just done 24 houses near us and theyve all sold bar one in the last 9 month,and they were priced 300 -480 grand.i priced for job couldnt get near it on price,the lads that did it came from coventry and stopped over and they did it cheaper than me 10 mins down road there working for chicken feed.

I've just ordered myself a skimflex spat 3 sponge floats and a pressure sprayer from know on anything under 3 quid for skimming is getting one coat

Simply I think he is in grimsby not sure were are you? Anyway why dont you machine lads get the contract to finish all them houses when rok went tits up in grimsby then give me a job. That's it owls same old same old shite who said serfdon was dead it's alive and kicking.
Spunky your a diamond geezer.

i've had 4 days work since xmas, and i'm going out of my mind. Even thought of going to sign on, but call it pride, but cant stand the thought of going to that fecking place for a hand out! I've not been in the trade long and starting to regret it, which a real shame cos i honestly love plastering.

I feel like i should just give up, and become a drug dealer cos they seem to be the only ones making money where i live!

Sorry to be so negative, but it doesn't seem to pay to be hard working and honest anymore!

What may be good to remember, is that, when things pick up in the construction industry,i.e after when the banks start lending to small builders,small businesses etc etc....and good plasterers are hard to find, when you price a job, remember, double the price,make the b***tards pay for all the hardship you are experiencing now,if youv'e got enough work to,treble it,

double your price and you will just get undercut by the crap spreads. it just means there will be more work for them to undercut you on. nothing else

So your in essex dale that slow for you. Do you do sites or domectic have you thought about doing dpc work another string to your bow can you tile can you paint it all helps.

my problem Henry is ive not been "quaified" that long i put myself back through college and gained my C&G, but i still have loads to learn, however the work i have done, and can do is to a resonable standard, i'm not the fastest but i put quailty over speed.

But to answer ya question, i can paint and deco to a high standard, in fact i had my own maintenance business at one stage, ( and got ripped off, the scum bag i hope his nob falls off and he dies in pain) so can turn my hand to just about most things! Sadly everywhere is just over run by eastern europeans!
I recently went onto one new build site a couple of months ago, and the only guy who was English there was the site manager!
People say "O but they hard works", are talking out of there backsides, they are lazy feckers, as soon as the site manager turns his back they drop tools and sit around smoking! I'd better stop there cos i can feel a BIG RANT coming on!

I must admit most uf the eu workers round my town work in the fish trade and we are only a small town so not so bad.

Owls they reducin prices further because instead of not building they are basically saying ok this is what we can spend/budget so this is what you have to do it for if not we wont build it so all trades are needing to cut back costings to get the work but plastering firms are more likley to cut back as far as they are told until they go bust instead of saying no we cant do it for that price. plastering firms bear the brunt of of cost cutting because they cut further than other trades

Its forecast to be a bad year possibly 20 odd percent down on last year on construction site starts. keep on going wit head down.

Lee where you workin at the mo.

its tough round stockport doing s**t domestic that we wouldnt of looked at last year plus regular builders are finding it tough this year, were all doomed.

20% down on last year,a lot of firms wont survive this year at that rate. i know a few outfits that are really struggling at moment.

im only doing domestic at moment myself or projects for small developers.
theres still plenty going on and im getting the workload through and tenders sent through from bigger boys and outfits that weve worked for before,but the margins are that small its not worth my while.

So your just turning cash over owls . I am booking work in but not till march and april.

not CASH just incase any tax authorities are about.

but yes, just ticking over to be honest im on with a fairly big celler conversion at the moment thats keeping me quiet and the 2 lads that are on books.
booking stuff in later for year,but ive never known it as slow.
just on with building my own house at moment tho, so thats taking up the slack

Status
Not open for further replies.