WTF is going on with multi finish?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

Anyone had any problems?

For the past two months it seems to be getting progressively worse, and today we got some of the new bags with the new 'Uni Finish' advertised on them for the first time.

It was like spreading liquid rubber. Fekkin horrible. Going off too quick, the fat won't fill hollows, the laying down coat strips from the scratch, and it sticks like s**t to your trowels.

Why??

Yeh Ive had same problem dude, trowelling is real sticky and then it starts tearing before its been finished, been using board finishing on last couple of jobs instead!

ive found these problems aswell sort of makes me gald that im screeding and concreting this week instead even if it is harder work

i had a couple the other week that were a bit rubbery and when trowelling up it seemed to split and separate like the wall was wet, but after those not had a prob

uni finnish no need for pva, wonder how much that is? so instead of using pva ill just have to spray the walls with water then

Not harsh at all. Good question. I don't ever have hollows. Ever.
Then I use this shite this morning, and first guage I have hollows.
And I dont mean fat I've scraped off previously, I mean as I wet the wall to try and sort the s**t out.
Ok?

you can be harsh at times beddy

Simple question henry. You being old school should agree that one of the first things we are taught when skimming is not to use fat to fill hollows.

I still dont understand you ceevee bud

Not strictly fat.

What I mean is when you flatten normal multi you make it look nicer than when first applied, this stuff just rolls off any hollows you would normally get rid of when flattening.

don't even need to wet your walls, we were given a few bags to try and worked a treat over existing sand/lime, and patches of very dry bonding. goodbyye PVA thanks god

had 2 gauges today and i dont know if it was the multi (the ones with the new advert on)or not but it was w@nk!!! it was like trying to spread fudge . 'bag O shite'

I find the multi a bit hit and miss so i am going to be using board finish from now on,if any multi comes for free then i will use it.

agree about multi its very hit and miss at the moment.
problem with board finish is (round here anyway). as it isnt as widely used as multi. stocks in merchants can have been sat round for a good while and old boardy is kak boardy !!!

I had some multi today today and it mixed like when you add pva am thinking it is something to do with the new uni which will be coming out soon. The set was ages going off.

I find the multi a bit hit and miss so i am going to be using board finish from now on,if any multi comes for free then i will use it.

agree about multi its very hit and miss at the moment.
problem with board finish is (round here anyway). as it isnt as widely used as multi. stocks in merchants can have been sat round for a good while and old boardy is kak boardy !!!

Well the Multi I used the other week worked horribly so yesterday I tried to order a pallet of Board Finish from Travis, only to be told that they only had twenty bags left and weren't going to be stocking it in future.
So BG keep bring out new plasters but the suppliers want to narrow it down to just the one, which makes perfect sense from their position.
Why can't BG just make one finish that's usable for hand or machine application, at the same price or less than Multi and is nice (easy) to get a nice matt finish on. If they just concentrated on making one finish it would surely save them a fortune. But that would be to easy wouldn't it.

if they made one productthat went on everything and set at the same time on high and low suction it would probably cost more in materials and hence be a higher price, having 4 plasters surely means that costs can be at the lowest for all concerned, and at the end of the day the amount of bags of finish bg sell would be the same if they had 4 different finishes or just one, may as well split it up into different products depending on what background you are going over, its the same with undercoats there are a range of what 10 undercoats why not have one that does everything??? (which bg do, if you are prepared to use a one coat plaster!!)

was told in bq october .The fact it is going to be called uni means for boards or hardwall and browning,sand cement.
Just not sure why they are saying no pva.

Hi yes ive been skimming every week and i have had some hard time with tearing and i realy didnt know why was doing my head i never had this problem. but i didnt know that the new bags r out i just picked the bags of multi up and went to work not paying to much attention to the bag. but yes ive been haveing the same problems. and its seems a lot more gritty. like when u wash ur buckets out ur left with some grit it seems and lookis like alot more is in the bags now.

i use both but Prefer board seems 2 go further and a lovely finish always the same never had 2 moan about it but cant use it on anything but plasterboard so multi.
why cant you use it on anything apart from boards? when i first started thats all the bloke that taught me ever used, i stopped using it a few year back because it started getting shite

i use both but Prefer board seems 2 go further and a lovely finish always the same never had 2 moan about it but cant use it on anything but plasterboard so multi.

You can, you can use it over bond it, waterproofed sand & cement, reskims on pva.
:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.