windy

Private Member
When customers ring up and ask for written quotes do you
A Laugh and hang up
B Charge them for a wasted hour and petrol
c Do them
D Something else?

:huh:

Do the quote. Some turn out to be a waste of time, Alot of them turnout to be money makers. And No haggling at the end of the job over price if quote is in writing.

let me clarify

i own 3 rental properties so its hardly a full time job.
I have a cscs skilled card and did my nvq last year. I started plastering at certain trowel 5 odd yrs ago.
I can plaster to a good standard and do occasional jobs alongside a mate of mine who has been a spread for 15 odd yrs.

Why am i a chancer, moreover do you think i care :RpS_thumbup:

incidentally i have seen some friggin shocking work produced by so call time served 40 yr spreads blah blah blah

probeely because the 40 year time served are absolutaly shagged out haha

why was my post cut out by the mods ? its going to get like big buds forum on here.

Why would you laugh and hang up ?

Originally Posted by windy
When customers ring up and ask for written quotes do you
A Laugh and hang up
B Charge them for a wasted hour and petrol
c Do them
D Something else?

Why would you be wasting an hour and fuel? Surely if you think it's not cost effective for you to go and look then you would decline politely, giving a viable reason for not going ie Too busy at the min etc

hence why i called him a chancer paul cos of his attitude,and it got edited out by the powers that be. :huh:

Sorry lads i am not like that at all far from it. Im very polite. It was meant as a figure of speech. Perhaps I should have said A) Explain to customer too busy or too far to travel etc. Trust me I would never EVER be impolite to someone who could be a potential customer.

SOrry for confusion

I always verbal estimate and if they are interested i always do a written quote, takes no time to do and everyone is singing of the same song sheet!

I always go and look at a job if im interested. Tell them ill give them a quote that night or next day so i dont make any mistakes. Done a few on the job quotes and it hurts when you get it wrong. Written quote when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.