Worse thing that can Happen to a Trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

insul8

Mine is we were working in a block of Appartments ,and I had an 18 inch MT (which my auld man gave me when his shoulders went)I put the trowel in an attic space on a Fri as a few beers were called for and when I got there on Mon.
1 of our european cousins was using it to clean some concrete around pipe work and tooks chunks out of it.
I ASKED HIM WHAT THE HELL AND HE SHRUGGED HIS SHOULDERS AND MUMBLED
After he got cleaned up his boss went to give me a £2 trowel that he should have used.
Well I got asked to leave the job after that.

We once had a labourer who did the cleaning up etc after demos. He used a MT to scrape the gear off the wall onto the floor, and then left it. We came in the next morning and watched him scraping it up with an Excalibur. He isn't with us anymore.....

I've had some w**k*r bend my trowel the wrong way twice on the same job
pity he did not bend it the right way at least once..
I have had them dropped 3 floors,burnt with electric cables, caught guys scraping felt off roofs or applying bitumen aah

Had 3 trowels binned because of wankers doing there own electrics (wall lights) and leaving the electric on!! Nice big hole in the side of the trowel!! I have more floor scrapers than I have trowels ;)

dropped one 3 stories landed on the toe corner bounced up, luckily landed in a safe place but the toe was all bent well out of shape, one got smashed into a capped off gas pipe by an improver took a large chunk out the side, floor layers took my 20" marshalltown when they returnd it it was bent the wrong way and coverd in laytex, and some romanians took one of my trowels when id gone home to do some bonding and left it caked in the stuff and cleaned the floor with it:RpS_cursing:

I had a gold plated Mt i won at collage along time ago, 12 years later my apprentice decided to accidently kick it off a 3 tier scaffold whilst i was spraying tyrolean and a corner snapped off i felt like crying, honest i could ov threw him over the edge as they dont understand the importance of your own trowel. It was that sharp u couldnt use your finger to wipe a lil bit of fat off it without a nasty cut.

RIP Full metal trowel
- That was my trowel, there are many like it but that 1 was mine. My trowel was my best friend, it was my life. I mastered it, as i must master life. Without me my trowel was useless, without my trowel, i am useless. I must use my new trowel true, i must spead my longstroke longer than the enemy, who is trying to take profit and meterage from me. I must trowel up before they do, i will.... with my plastic trowel. Before marshall town and the plasterers forum i swear this creed, my trowel and me are defenders of my trade, we are the master plasterers, we are the saviours of the building trade along with dany, john, spunky fatarm, clayman and all the other true spreads like jph10, nisus, gibbo, artisian ect. So be it untill there is no machine that can trowel up like us, amen :RpS_thumbsup:

I stupidly left my bag of tools with three broke in trowels overnight in a cupboard on a job once. Place got broken into and all my tackle got robbed......devastating.

The weird thing about it was, that night while they were getting pinched I had a horrible dream about my tackle getting nicked. I woke up to the phone ringing and it was my mate telling me that the place had been turned over, asking if I'd left my tools there. Freaky E.S.P.

i won a gold plated spear and jackson when i was learning and some caant stole it

I had a gold plated Mt i won at collage along time ago, 12 years later my apprentice decided to accidently kick it off a 3 tier scaffold whilst i was spraying tyrolean and a corner snapped off i felt like crying, honest i could ov threw him over the edge as they dont understand the importance of your own trowel. It was that sharp u couldnt use your finger to wipe a lil bit of fat off it without a nasty cut.

RIP Full metal trowel
- That was my trowel, there are many like it but that 1 was mine. My trowel was my best friend, it was my life. I mastered it, as i must master life. Without me my trowel was useless, without my trowel, i am useless. I must use my new trowel true, i must spead my longstroke longer than the enemy, who is trying to take profit and meterage from me. I must trowel up before they do, i will.... with my plastic trowel. Before marshall town and the plasterers forum i swear this creed, my trowel and me are defenders of my trade, we are the master plasterers, we are the saviours of the building trade along with dany, john, spunky fatarm, clayman and all the other true spreads like jph10, nisus, gibbo, artisian ect. So be it untill there is no machine that can trowel up like us, amen :RpS_thumbsup:

:RpS_crying:............."the 1st cut is the deepest"....................:-(

Had a morrocon guy (living in Spain at time) drop my 18" marshal town of scaffold and popped load of rivets, Can't get MT's in Spanish Builders merchants, still made him give me 60 euros to replace it tho

Had to do some skimming in a gas showroom,the owner said one of his fitters could do a bit of plastering,anyway he rolls up asked to borrow one of my trowels as his was at the bottom of his van under some rubbish[,ehm no you cant ].I never leave my trowels overnight on a job everything else maybe but not the trowel.

I got a free speedskim to try out from our mate mr speedskim. The first day i got it i Left all my kit on the job and the next day the only thing missing was the speedskim. How I laughed.

Only ever once left tools over night on a job.was a tyzak double shank, went back next morning to start skimming and got huge scrapes in my skim thought i had picked up some **** only to find customers dad had used to cut bricks.

Only ever once left tools over night on a job.was a tyzak double shank, went back next morning to start skimming and got huge scrapes in my skim thought i had picked up some **** only to find customers dad had used to cut bricks.
If I ever found anyone doing that with mine I'd use it to saw their bollox off :RpS_mad:

We once had a labourer who did the cleaning up etc after demos. He used a MT to scrape the gear off the wall onto the floor, and then left it. We came in the next morning and watched him scraping it up with an Excalibur. He isn't with us anymore.....

I take it that if he'd have used a Speedskim instead he'd still be with you?

RIP Full metal trowel

Epic :RpS_crying:

If I ever found anyone doing that with mine I'd use it to saw their bollox off :RpS_mad:

Did wot i do to customers that upset me.pissed in water before mixing plaster when dry smells like sweaty fannies the warmer it gets the fishier it smells. the only way to get rid of smell is hack off and re plaster.

I put my ss Tykack in me tool bucket with my new Ss Marshaltown. Went home and turned up next morning to find the Marshaltown had hacked the feck outta me Tyzack :RpS_cursing:

Did wot i do to customers that upset me.pissed in water before mixing plaster when dry smells like sweaty fannies the warmer it gets the fishier it smells. the only way to get rid of smell is hack off and re plaster.
I think you need to see a doctor is your piss smells of fish.:RpS_confused:

I think you need to see a doctor is your piss smells of fish.:RpS_confused:

Probably something to do with the 10 cans of skol super and bottle of red wine i used to drink every night.havent touched a drop since feb 99 not pissed in a bucket of skim for a while either.

I knew a guy who shat in someones mix once. I would've laughed but he was a proper bellend

Status
Not open for further replies.