working on a sunday

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrspoon

eurgh, i feel poo to say the least and ive got to go board a landing ceiling and make a start at skimming the H/S/L, on a sunday ::)

anyone else on the tools today?

southernmonkey said:
nope no sundays for me ......there'd need to be a big bag of cash for me on a sunday

pretty much the same as above and only half day on a Saturday.

i wish it was a big bag of cash, needs must and all that jazz 8)

No Sundays for me! I worked for a contractor not long ago and he was well put back when he wanted me in on Sunday, Saturday no probs but not Sunday, done my time of working Sundays and evenings now I work for myself I make my rules!

i do site work during the week so weekends are the only time i can do my work ...........inc sundays :'(

on the upper hand gets you away from the mrs who would only get you 2 do crap all day..and you have no reason not 2.. go to work get away from um!

left me tools on a job whent to work this morning just to find the custermer was out (nice) but when i called them thay said thay were in argos buying a steamer as there dog eat mine one little s**t

Been working today on a house renovation. f**k**g place is out of square and level, floors running one way,ceiling joists running the other, and I'm trying to get the plasterboard as tight as f**k to tape and joint it. Feel like digging up the 19th century builder and pissing on his skeleton.

the joiner who's house im workin boarded the place out himself, needless to say i had to secure some of the boards and screw the heads in further, fun fun :-\

can u do joint and tape with out useing a taperd edge? just line the tape over the 2 cuts and wack some muck on um and rub down the next day? is it that easy?

oasis said:
can u do joint and tape with out useing a taperd edge? just line the tape over the 2 cuts and wack some muck on um and rub down the next day? is it that easy?
You can, but the joint will be proud of the board surface.

sounds like you do allot of this work tony.. just intrest me.. i guess you need all the kit you cant just do it with an 8" blade..i guess from ceiling to wall and all is harder and u need kit for that?

i have some Knuf ready mixed tape joint stuff i use it for areas like very small ceilings in cupboards ect but i use plasters scrim tape.. so it takes 2 coats of compound.also the joint compound is reali good for filling any errors on fresh plaster it rubs of so easy the next day.

oasis said:
sounds like you do allot of this work tony.. just intrest me.. i guess you need all the kit you cant just do it with an 8" blade..i guess from ceiling to wall and all is harder and u need kit for that?

i have some Knuf ready mixed tape joint stuff i use it for areas like very small ceilings in cupboards ect but i use plasters scrim tape.. so it takes 2 coats of compound.also the joint compound is reali good for filling any errors on fresh plaster it rubs of so easy the next day.
Most of my work is plasterboarding, machine taping & jointing, and coving.

Tony why is it on TE board the taper is only down the long edge and not all edges ... I have always wondered that !!!???

Rich

I had a 12 hour sesion on the lash yesterday , went to skim a 12 m2 ceiling today , and the twot peeled on flattening down the 2nd coat .Customer swallowed a reboard and skim , finnished about 18:10.Wat a twoty of a day.

only just finnished today at 6.15 .Been skimming a bedroom i started yesterday but it went pear shaped and i had to rip down a lath /plaster stud wall and reboard so it went into today as well.
I often work sundays,i got a young family and wife at home i need to get away from...sorry provide for.
I wont be working sundays for the rest of my life but you gotta do what you gotta do.

richardbrown said:
Tony why is it on TE board the taper is only down the long edge and not all edges ... I have always wondered that !!!???

Rich

That would be a question for the board manufacturers Rich. I believe that you can get 4 tapered edge board in the US.

TonyM said:
richardbrown said:

Rich

That would be a question for the board manufacturers Rich. I believe that you can get 4 tapered edge board in the US.

do you understand why they dont do it here tony ??? if the board is meant for jointing then it would make sense !!??

Had to go in today myself to finish off skimming in a conservatory,boarded it friday would have finished it then but the bloody joiner hadnt finished and had tools everywhere all over the floor,did me bloody head in so went to the football and got drunk sat.

Rich usual price for holiday let is £185 a week,but any of you guys on the forum can have it for £150.
of the top of my head all July august and most september is booked,but goto website and have a look.
it not 5 * luxury but close to all amenities including the beach bars airport etc.
goto website below to check it out mate

http://www.fuerteventura-holiday-apartment.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.