working in peoples houses at night/weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

just got myself a full time labouring job for someone i know (at last a bit of work) and was thinking that if i get little private jobs here and there the only time i will be able to do them is at wkends or after work.

from your experiences how do customers feel about this?

hmmm, the only time I have worked late in peoples houses and thats when the bathroom fitter has pulled the bathroom out and it needs skimming ready for the tiler the next day. Customers tend not to mind because they dont have another toilet or shower so the quicker the better.

Weekends is fine, I enjoy working on a saturday especially if its folding pictures of the queen!

Danny

working weekends is ok means the customers make the tea. but they also tend to peer over your shoulder all day

i'm gratefull to work 5 days a week at the mo let alone weekends .......i looked at a job yesterday it was a 2 foot square patch and charged her 80 quid ...we were chatting and she was saying quotes should be cheaper now people are competing for work........i said no not necesarily im doing alright cant see what the fuss is about......ok when can you do it ........tomorrow ;D

Not many punters are happy with having workman in when they come home from work but most love to have a nose around on a Saturday, and punters do love watching spreads.

alto of my work is of a weekend its when the customer is usually home i find it rear thet someone will be home during the week , and when they are its usallly there elderly mother inlaw ,

at the mo feck em id get them up at 2am if it meant a days work ;)

work regularly late..7pm sometimes and most sats i work too.have been known to work the odd sunday, but try not to
.....its all about the sheckles boys .its all about the sheckles... ;D

I always work Saturdays, and quite regularly on a Sunday too. I seem to have too much work for one, but not enough for two, so I just work more myself. Not going to turn any down at the moment. As for working in peoples houses - the public think they are doing you a favour by offering you cash and expect you to reduce your rate because of it. I would rather charge them the full rate plus VAT or let someone else do it. F@*k em!

Did an evening job a few years back out in the sticks. Overskimmed a kitchen while the sink,oven etc had been removed.The geezer decided to take wifey out for the evening meal while I went about me business.
Got the lot on in one lay,all goin great until all the effin lights etc tripped out when the water got behind a fitting from me sprayer! Now picture this,its pitch black(and I mean black),this place is in a wood miles from anywhere and I ain't even got a box of matches! So after groping around in the blackness for ages tryin to find a torch/lighter/fuse box I drive home(1 hour away),get a tilley lamp,scrounge some paraffin off a mate,drive back to the job(another hour)and yes you guessed it,by this time the multi was 'ard as granite! Anyway ,matey and his misses got back to find me scrapin away by lamp-light. You shoulda seen their faces! Still I did get it finished and crawled into bed about 2.30 am. You have been warned! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.