Working hours

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Work smarter, not harder." Sure it's not always easy to achieve, but it's definately what you should aim for.

It's too easy to get wrapped up in chasing the big pay days and not think about the future. It'd be worth it if there was something to show for it further down the line, but there never is. You just end up knackered.

Had a spell shop fitting once, now that's stupid hours and when I was younger at it 7 days and couple of late ones in the week. Body started to fall to bits so went teaching but now back on the trowel with young kids, old dad by the way and my hours are much shorter to see them, family is what its all about. Never heard a kid say my dad bought me everything I wanted but heard them say I never saw my dad, got to get a balance for them and you.

8.30 till 3.30 but we don't have a break. Used to do long hours on site but mainly domestic/developer/small builder stuff now. Need to work around customers school runs and early evening in the boozer :RpS_laugh:

I used to work 74 hr weeks as a teen, but it kills you mentally and physically, now 7.30 to 4 on average, very short breaks, the labour amuses me as he has to come at 8 ,half hr at ten,half hr at 1 then leave when we do, people get institutionalised in their habits, he wouldn't of lasted with me in my thirties .

in general Im working by 8am and left at 4. dont normally stop all day though. just eat and work. if I do stop itll be 10 mins at midday. I find in general if you havent earned your dough by 4 somethings wrong. plus leaving by 4 means I can go to the merchants before closing while its dead rather than 7.30 the next morning when it's rammed.

in general Im working by 8am and left at 4. dont normally stop all day though. just eat and work. if I do stop itll be 10 mins at midday. I find in general if you havent earned your dough by 4 somethings wrong. plus leaving by 4 means I can go to the merchants before closing while its dead rather than 7.30 the next morning when it's rammed.
Its long enough a day in our game,maybe two or earlier on a sat but I have my son on sats now so its a long shift as he is two

I work Saturdays if necessary but tend to have off more than I work. end of the day if youve got a family kids don't care how much you earned that week. but they'll remember you being out the house before they get up and not back until after they've gone to bed

Yeah try an avoid the merchants first thing in the morn,
Caught out today tho, had to go to b n q bout 11 ish.......
O.a.p wednesday:RpS_crying:

mate yesterday I had to go see the job first then go pick up mats . no way round it. got to the merchants about half 8. must have been 10 vans and its not a big yard. parked up right out the way. went in the shop. rammed. took ages to get served. then had to wait to get the van in the warehouse to load up. then got blocked in by a delivery wagon. last thing at night id be in and out 10 mins

Im up2 40hr this week so far and its only wednesday, so much work on!!! And i gotta work the wknd

Im up2 40hr this week so far and its only wednesday, so much work on!!! And i gotta work the wknd
Been in weybridge today ,you did a nice job on the plastering in the extension,thanks for that..no problem recommending you again

lol.. no.. some bloke called '' oldschool;'' disliked that post.. dont know WTF there is to dislike ?? fukin weirdo..lol

I was late this morning as the gates to the customers property were closed, so i sat in the van with a coffee and binos watching this little Roe Buck in the field next door.

I tend to work on mostly commercial sites at the moment so I try to be on site by 7 and start about 7:15. I work straight through aiming to finish at between 3 and 4 depending on how the day goes. I try not to work weekends these days. Back in the 90's I worked all the hours I could 7 days a week. I even did some ghosting and at one point worked on a site during the day and a few hours on the underground at night grabbing a couple of hours sleep in between. But you can't keep that up for long nearly killed myself chasing money lol

Very rare for me to travel more than half an hour away, get most of my work quite close to home :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.