Working away

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz147

Hi all
just looking for some help, I have been thinking about working abroad for some time but I am having trouble finding any info, can anyone help?? France,holland,Germany maybe
cheers

when we work in france it is on british owned properties.
in holland you need to work for an agency. as most of the workforce is in direct employment.
both france and holland have very high income tax, you need to work for a british agency to be able to pay your tax at the uk rate. if you fail to pay the tax ,the building contractor is held responsible. that i why they will only employ through an agency.
a plasterer is called a stuctador in dutch.
all of these countries have a large black market, that deals in cash, but you have to be working there before it is offered to you.

You will find it hard, Europe has got as many problems as the UK, no money, no work, too many people chasing what work there is and huge debts. Lot of English are trying to sell up and come back to the UK

I have looked for a long time but don't seem to be getting anywhere, looks like house bashing is the only way to go then

Have you considered australia? construction trades are high on their wanted lists again and from the numbers i have been told the money is very good

I dunno just know my son's mate is out there and earning approx $150K a year mind you he's a joiner but reckons all trades are making this sort of money !

Yes thought about it but I want somewhere closer to home, friend of mine over there doing really well, got a load of lads working for him, think he's doing something like that Ewi systems, or is Ewi

have you had any luck with your serching yet?im working in south france (cannes) now this is my 3thweek here and im in love with the place.just dont love french plaster so much and bort english over with me.if you find any usefull info out would be nice to here as this a one off job and bk in uk next week.rgds darren

Status
Not open for further replies.