Work !!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kane

Had 3 small jobs since xmas on domestic! Seems its the worst its been so bloody quite,Hows every one else doing?

had approx 6 days work so far this year,worst i have known it ,worked for myself for 18 years and i think it will be at least 2/3 years before we see any significant improvement, all my work is domestic and occasional work for builders, people are scared and apprehensive about losing there jobs coupled together with cost of living means no money about for home improvements ,no confidence at all and who can blame them ,these banks have a lot to answer for.

I'm alright, although prices have fallen a lot across trades - at least the spark and gasfitter I know are charging a lot less and they're finding it hard.

I'm finding it hard to be optimistic.

3+trades+one+job.jpg

Even the govt. has said this depression will be worse than the great depression of the 1930s.

See you on the streets...

Not had a week off in two years but im workin onsite skimmin for 2quid a metre. some say they would rather stay in bed than work for that but unfortunatley i cant afford to

Lets hope it picks up or ill have to go out and flog my ----:RpS_laugh:
No GOOD LUCK to every-one,I Mean that!

Never worked on Site personally Spunk, dunno if I could hack 3x30m sets, I could manage it for a day but day in day out??

You don't have to do 90m 50 metres will get you 120ish then you get the odd job with good runs then you can get the meterage in

Never worked on Site personally Spunk, dunno if I could hack 3x30m sets, I could manage it for a day but day in day out??

I dont think many people could do that every day. The body would soon feel the strain...even with a speedskim.

Mind you i suppose it depends on what quality you leave. I've read on here that some people are 1 coating with 1 wet and a dry to finish...I mean thats half the processes I normally do.

I always used to do 2 big ones in winter but since my shoulders been bad I reckon I've been doing more in 3 little ones but get it on a lot tighter, me and my mate were doing 9 bags a day which is only 3 bags a set between two people but we were getting 120m

Dannymac - thats just what wankers on here tell you though, they are tearing up 90+m a day on their own, dunno if its just to look big and better than everyone else or what though.

Spunky only 120 between two? dont sound too bad, I could easily do 3 sets of 20m!

I'm on a 65-35 split with my mate and I take the first 20 quid for van etc so for me with my arm as it is it's good

Dannymac - thats just what wankers on here tell you though, they are tearing up 90+m a day on their own, dunno if its just to look big and better than everyone else or what though.

Spunky only 120 between two? dont sound too bad, I could easily do 3 sets of 20m!
so do you not think it would be that hard to get on another 10m2 a hit

yes thats a ridiculous thing to say thats like saying "I can do 3x 30m, do you not think itd be a piece of piss to stick on 10 more and get 40m a hit".. 20m.. easy.. 30m, pretty big set in my opinion, doing that 3 x a day is the difference between feeling like s**t working your arse off and killing your body to actually enjoying work.

It's toss at the moment. On the domestic side when I actually get a job people want blood, sweat and tears for they're money! Constantly trying to screw you down initially as well as trying to knock the price down when the jobs done! Still better than site work though.

It is it's got a few lads that skim mrs jones artex ceiling for a living amazed that you can actually do more than 2 bags and a bag of bonding in a day

Yet it seems mrs jones pays better! Been on a domestic today and why I do dislike them they do pay well. Good bonus jobs to fit when u pull off new builds when they have been pissing you about.

On another note spunky do u not find it less strenuous on your shoulder to trowel with a plastic as it flows over better? My old man loves his now he's is used to it. Have u finished with a s*p*r*lex? 2 hands applying pressure makes it much easier on joints aswell.

Currier I've give up with the plastics the nicks are doing my head in, are you sponging before you finish with a spat I tried it but it just rippled it

We sponge everything mate 1 coat or 2'coat. We spray with a mist coat of water before we sponge never had a issue with rippling. We do use spray finish for everything now. It just easier to work with. Mist with water on every trowel swell help and takes seconds.

We always finish with the steel spats even if it has gone hard just to give it that smooth finish. Every tro

You should try the little super flex for

We sponge everything mate 1 coat or 2'coat. We spray with a mist coat of water before we sponge never had a issue with rippling. We do use spray finish for everything now. It just easier to work with. Mist with water on every trowel swell help and takes seconds.

We always finish with the steel spats even if it has gone hard just to give it that smooth finish. Every tro

You should try the little super flex for

Status
Not open for further replies.