work on own

Status
Not open for further replies.
love workin on me own, other people piss me off, never do things properly!

i been working on my own for 6 months now and i dont mind it at all.today i started at 8.30 and got home at 4.30 with 200 quid in my pocket.I wish every day was like today but they aint.

Only ever worked on my own, when I started never had enough work on to have a labourer then got so used to working on my own just kept it like that, don't enjoy it now thou, miss the banter and company of working with other people

A good mix of both is what you need! I find working with others slows me down but on the other hand it's good to have a laff! A good radio is a must when you work on your own! ;D

Work on my own 80% off the time.i find its more productive that way,just get people in when big jobs are on.but i do like the company and the crack.

ziggy2 said:
A good mix of both is what you need! I find working with others slows me down but on the other hand it's good to have a laff! A good radio is a must when you work on your own! ;D

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I do a mixture of working for a few firms & my own work.
On my own work i don't use a lab, sometimes use a mate if needed, or just sub them out if not got time to do it.
But the firms i sub to i work with other spreads.
What i hate is carrying on a job someone else started.
today i had 3 ceilings to tape, joint, seal & artex on
an insurance job.
But someone else boarded it & most the screw were sticking out on the p i s s nearly quarter of an inch.
Big gaps between boards & kitchen tiles at ceiling lines. It was only a light stipple aswell.
Was a rite joke, i prefer doing my own boarding & prepping.
That's why i work on my own on my own jobs.

totally agree mur. the job we were on today, the kitchen fitter put up a stud and boarded it then fitted his units, so we had to skim around the units and skim the other side of the wall, on which he'd used 8x4's and put about 5 screws in each board. would have been alot easier to get us in first but some people won't listen!

Another good reason for working on your own
your tools don't go walkies into someone elses van,
as i discovered the other day a plasterboard saw i've had for years & a hammer missing out my van :mad:
not much i know but still p i s s e s me off!!

as i've heard many times before, its not the price of the tool, its the inconvenience of having to go and buy one when your in the middle of a job!

I got my truck nicked 10 years ago fully loaded with tools and plant which i had for years still not been able to replace them all.
Lucius

Status
Not open for further replies.