Work Experience Request (North East)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan

Hiya Lads!!

I'm looking to start some work experience in the plastering trade (North East)...I have some basic knowledge and worked with a plasterer in my previous job for a window company. Basically I boarded window reviles and laboured for him etc. We also carried out some property maintenance where we took out acoustic vents and I bonded them up and cement rendered the outside. I have also boarded a couple of ceilings & taped them before he plastered them.

I have been working as a double glazier for the past 4 years but I'm looking for a new change of career...

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated - I'm new to this forum so not quite sure how it all works but I'm sure I'll learn. ???

Thanks, Dan

nah mate I havent rang any yet.... i thought this forum could be my first call.

Im going to do an intense course with The North East Training Centre but not sure how successful the course is, Im in the process of finding out some feedback at the min because I think 800quids a lot to pull out if its not going to get me any further... thats why I'd ideally like to do some work experience at the same time or before I attend the course. Even if its just as little as evenings/weekends, I'd appreciate any experience!!

Where abouts in the north east are you and are you looking for a wage for the experience and do you have transport?

Hi, Yeah I have my own transport. Just a car at the minute but I'm looking to get a van ASAP.

Money really isn't my priority at the moment, its just the experience I'm interested in. Obviously something basic towards my petrol etc would be great however its the experience I would appreciate more.

hi good luck dan was in the same positsion myself mate just looking for experience after doing a college course you dont want loads of money just a chance to get get spreading i found a bit of work now mate just keep trying .

dan said:
Hiya Lads!!

I'm looking to start some work experience in the plastering trade (North East)...I have some basic knowledge and worked with a plasterer in my previous job for a window company. Basically I boarded window reviles and laboured for him etc. We also carried out some property maintenance where we took out acoustic vents and I bonded them up and cement rendered the outside. I have also boarded a couple of ceilings & taped them before he plastered them.

I have been working as a double glazier for the past 4 years but I'm looking for a new change of career...

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated - I'm new to this forum so not quite sure how it all works but I'm sure I'll learn. ???

Thanks, Dan

Join the queue mate.............. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.