Work business

Members online

harryj490

Hello all just wondering if any of you all can give me some handful advise. I been plastering since I was 14 now 21 worked with loads of spreads but last year and half been working for a building/insurance company myself only no labourer unless got to put up a big ceiling or do a floor. I have recently passed my driving test and I'm looking to start getting in few jobs for myself . I done few but not enough for myself ie, small builder family friends ... what' the best way of going about to gain a little customer base... do any of you use check a trade or any sites like that?.. I know there probley is right cowboys on there and good uns but just not sure how to start to fall on my feet get me going .. I know word of mouth is great but I got to get more than a few to get that happen.. maybe so of you can give me some friendly advise Thanks Harry.

I use mybuilder and done oodles of business through it, my first year it was pretty much all my work

It's different for different jobs about £4 to skim a wall -£22 for full house reskim. You get a free message to customer so give an idea of price and your availability that way if they shortlist you (when you get charged) your on the same page and if they don't like the avail or price they don't bother shortlisting and it doesn't cost you.

Think newspapers a waste of time these days the vast majority look online for everything. I never used any of those sites. Just gradually built up a reputation from friends and then friends of friends etc etc. People love the fact I'm a girl though, there seems to be instant trust so it's a good niche.

..... that and my natural wit and charm :D

Think newspapers a waste of time these days the vast majority look online for everything. I never used any of those sites. Just gradually built up a reputation from friends and then friends of friends etc etc. People love the fact I'm a girl though, there seems to be instant trust so it's a good niche.

Have a s*x change. Become a Girl. There’s your answer.

It's curiosity. People want to see if those noodle armed girls are really up to it.

Hello all just wondering if any of you all can give me some handful advise. I been plastering since I was 14 now 21

I hope you make a go of plastering Pal.

Being as it's so obvious you didn't make a go of school.

I use mybuilder and done oodles of business through it, my first year it was pretty much all my work

From the OP and what I understand, will he be eligible? Did I not see that they ask for proof of time served?

Hello all just wondering if any of you all can give me some handful advise. I been plastering since I was 14 now 21 worked with loads of spreads but last year and half been working for a building/insurance company myself only no labourer unless got to put up a big ceiling or do a floor. I have recently passed my driving test and I'm looking to start getting in few jobs for myself . I done few but not enough for myself ie, small builder family friends ... what' the best way of going about to gain a little customer base... do any of you use check a trade or any sites like that?.. I know there probley is right cowboys on there and good uns but just not sure how to start to fall on my feet get me going .. I know word of mouth is great but I got to get more than a few to get that happen.. maybe so of you can give me some friendly advise Thanks Harry.
Didn’t you do your last year in school?

To be fair if I still lived in Manchester and needed some plastering, I would get you in :) I would stand watching you allllllll day just to make sure you didn't have an accident ;)

Get a website. If only a single page. Get listed on Google. Have a Facebook page to.. All the above is free. Do your own sign writing on van if needed..Place boards up on jobs if you don't have signage on van .all helps to bring work in..

Don't be messy or they'll call you Dirty Harry

From the OP and what I understand, will he be eligible? Did I not see that they ask for proof of time served?
They just ask you some aptitude questions so as long as he knows the basics he'll be fine

They just ask you some aptitude questions so as long as he knows the basics he'll be fine

Musta been thinking of another one of them sites.

They used to be notorious for it. Federation of Master Builders used to be one of the worst. They pretty much just wanted to know that you had the joining fee.

Musta been thinking of another one of them sites.

They used to be notorious for it. Federation of Master Builders used to be one of the worst. They pretty much just wanted to know that you had the joining fee.
I think they still do, I've certainly witnessed builders that are members that couldn't put up a tent

Reactions: tcd