Wood paneling glue..........

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Started house bashing today on a 1950's house which hasnt been touched since it was built and some knob has stuck wood paneling on the walls with some brown glue stuff. Ive skim over this stuff before but you get little bobbles of glue coming through the skimmimg when ya troweling up. I can board over it so was thinking about WBA/blue grit etc. anybody come across this shitty glue and what did you use on it..........cheers Marra's
:RpS_thumbsup:

Started house bashing today on a 1950's house which hasnt been touched since it was built and some knob has stuck wood paneling on the walls with some brown glue stuff. Ive skim over this stuff before but you get little bobbles of glue coming through the skimmimg when ya troweling up. I can board over it so was thinking about WBA/blue grit etc. anybody come across this shitty glue and what did you use on it..........cheers Marra's
:RpS_thumbsup:

hi bud if its that rock hard glue im thinking of, i just chip off the worst highlights pva, let first coat go tighter then second coat, never had a prob with glue coming through, sure youre not one coating and rubbing with a sponge :RpS_lol:

The glue is bostic this wood panaling was all the rage in the 70's bit like bubbles carpet:RpS_lol:.
I ve had this a few times and would use wba or thistle bondit to cover the glue.

above is dead rate! i chip the high bits off and then just pva it never had any bother:RpS_biggrin:

hi bud if its that rock hard glue im thinking of, i just chip off the worst highlights pva, let first coat go tighter then second coat, never had a prob with glue coming through, sure youre not one coating and rubbing with a sponge :RpS_lol:
Highlights! Lol well it's not your hair your talkin bout:RpS_lol: long time since you had highlights Ben???? Pva and tight coats of clay no no no no no! I thought you knew your stuff mate:RpS_laugh::flapper:

Highlights! Lol well it's not your hair your talkin bout:RpS_lol: long time since you had highlights Ben???? Pva and tight coats of clay no no no no no! I thought you knew your stuff mate:RpS_laugh::flapper:

apparently not dave so ive been told eh :RpS_wink: but hey, ive been folically challenged for a while now :RpS_crying: and you know i cant mention that alternative plaster as its deemed as poor advertising, can i leave this to my secretary :RpS_thumbup:

oh up fatleg why havent you been on your welcome thread in the party section??? tut tut

The glue is bostic this wood panaling was all the rage in the 70's bit like bubbles carpet:RpS_lol:.
I ve had this a few times and would use wba or thistle bondit to cover the glue.

You old fecker...........I'm gonna show her this one :RpS_thumbsup:

knock tops off pva and skim or wba and skim never had any problems with this stuff before but i know the stuff your on about

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting buried in it H :RpS_thumbup:

We can bury you in the garden if you like mate :RpS_thumbup:
With a clay headstone "Bubbles was here but now he's gone, he's left his name to turn you on"
:RpS_thumbup:

Try a heat gun and scraper.

Tried that before and it took feewkin ages marra....
Artex Remover softens up almost all glues.......
What is it stuck to? Blockwork or old plaster?
Its on old plaster, never used that artex remover but al keep it in mind....:RpS_thumbup:

Soon as i mention the olden days i knew you would come up with a solution henry. Im pleased we are on the same wave length marra.......:RpS_thumbup:........i think......:RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.