wood burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

church

Went to see a job 2 day , women had a modern flush fitting wood burner fitted to a chimney breast , the bloke who fitted it got a spread to plaster it and its cracked and been hacked off , ive worked for the women before and shes asked me to do it and charge the wood burner fitter (no problem ) but ...... he wants me to use this special fire cement that come in tubs , ive never use it but a mate has and told me its crap dont use it , so i want to dab the breast and skim it , but if i over rule this guy my way has to work , so whos dabed around a wood burner ?

my mate said you cant rule it , its only good for scratch coat , plus there a 4 inch metal flange around the burner that you have to render over , thats just going get hot and expand and crack if you dab it the board will not touch the metal .

Really you can only go with the fitters' method or you're adopting the job - f**k that.
Or how about contacting the woodburner manufacturer / fire cement company for info?
You can't be expected to go over the metal flange either.:eek:hmy:

ive kind of been lumbered with it , but if i can do ok i might get company that fitted its work

Keel supply do a plasterboard especially for this, i know because r kid has just fitted 1..
sound, is it actually plasterboard or a cement board? can you dab it? skim it? any special stuff? how did he get round this flange problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.