Will it stick

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question guys - got a bathroom and kitchen to cove, both of which are tiled to the ceiling - will cove adhesive stick to the shiny tiles or should I be using something else - I always use Supacove which is as light as a feather so was thinking maybe Gripfill for the wall edge ?

Cheers

put a strip of masking tape 85mm down from the ceiling and wba above it.. itll stick like sh't to a blanket but will prolly take a while to go off so keep your eye on it..
make the 85mil a bit less if your using 4" cove...

use dri wall addesive and wondertex togather half and half pva area stick it with that ,use alot of gear when u butter up and sqeeze it in let it sit foe 10 mins and then clean up but make sure sponge aint wet u dont wanna wash the gear out wonder tex is artex, uasally if u cant get it normall artex will do ,mix it thick

that'll do it but you need to be sure of the adhesive, some of this 'acrylic' tile adhesive wont stick sh't to other sh't...
bal make the best stuff, topps tiles stock it..
messy orrible gunk though...

Chris W said:
put a strip of masking tape 85mm down from the ceiling and wba above it.. itll stick like sh't to a blanket but will prolly take a while to go off so keep your eye on it..
make the 85mil a bit less if your using 4" cove...

I've used the same method but put the masking tape 80mm from the ceiling, then put the cove up with the normal 83mm drop from the ceiling and once everything is set just trim round the bottom edge of the cove with stanley knife.

83mm for the cove, 2 mil for the adhesive on the top edge andy.. ;)

we dont work t'mil.. we work t'bang on.. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.