Will I rip it out or patch it up

hail hail

Private Member
This is my own house. I built it when I was a young lad. 24 got planning permission then proceeded to built it myself in the following years. Here's where I f**k*d up slightly.

This picture is of the child's room. The light switch to the ceiling there's a fine crack following the conduit. Either the conduit isn't burried deep enough or what I think it is where I've f**k*d up is, behind that wall is an ensuite. And where do you think I tracked out for the pipe for the electric shower. Yep you guessed it, where the conduit is on the other side of the wall.

So now I have a pipe/shower cable on one side of the wall and a track with conduit on the other side with cable in it.

I'll be retiling my ensuite soon and have been thinking off taking them blocks out, redo them then move the tracks so they aren't beside each other. However, there's alot of f**k**g About because it's right in the corner where the hall meets, the ensuite and the bedroom along with a door frame. Alot of f**k**g About with a corner! This is the reason why I haven't started the new tiling yet, keep putting it off because undecided what to do.

Patching it up is what I'm thinking. Would stripping off the plaster in the bedroom side and taping the cracks up with skyrim or double skrim do away with these cracks. It'll save me all the ballsing About with the other option!

Screenshot_20210315-094320~2.png
Screenshot_20210315-094324~2.png

I’d paper tape them, fk going to all just to fix a couple of cracks. I’ve cracks in my kitchen which wife thinks I’m drawing up a plan to deal with as I’m painting it on Friday. I’ll be filling them cracks with paint

Just for future reference and a laugh , shower cables get hot ( plaster thermal expansion causing cracking ) , if buried even hotter so oversized the buried or put in pipe before burying

Cap off / remove pipe in wall, Drop new chrome pipe on surface to shower chase bury apart cables deeper and patch light cable slot ?

I’d paper tape them, fk going to all just to fix a couple of cracks. I’ve cracks in my kitchen which wife thinks I’m drawing up a plan to deal with as I’m painting it on Friday. I’ll be filling them cracks with paint
If paint dont fill em get a plasterer in mate . I.d do it for you just add it on my next grant x