Wicks Pva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this a lot on the forum, still can't work out what it is. Someone care to let me in on it or giz a clue even

It's a bonding agent. Discontinued now.

Thought IMHO replaced it

I thought imo was brilliant.

Having read this early this morning.... I called HO to find out why imo was discontinued and if we are working on anything to replace it (Cannot do too much for your guys on TPF)

Turns out that imo was replaced by own brand replacements..... imho did replace it, and was far superior ("A much more honest product" as quoted by all who used it!), but was far too expensive.....

I have been told - although there was something about this being TOP SECRET! - that we are now working on imfo..... a quality product at a more competitive rate.... Apparently, R&D are having some problems with the secret "f'ing" ingredient

Watch this space guys!

(TBH - imfo will never be launched)

For the record (FTR... is that one?)

My earlier post is a "JOKE".... we are not working on anything new in this field

(BTW - JOKE is not an acronym... or is it?)

That there is the crux. Absurdly priced when you can buy 5L pva for £8 that will go just as far and do the same job. It's eating in to your profit at the end of the day and until these bonding agents get a grip of their prices most plasterers are not interested. And that's before you take in to account the time needed to let them dry before applying plaster. No thanks.

That there is the crux. Absurdly priced when you can buy 5L pva for £8 that will go just as far and do the same job. It's eating in to your profit at the end of the day and until these bonding agents get a grip of their prices most plasterers are not interested. And that's before you take in to account the time needed to let them dry before applying plaster. No thanks.

Every one to there own really if your happy with pva stay with it.

Depending on the size of the ceiling (for talking sake), you could be quicker AND cheaper boarding and skimming than using one of these bonding agents, which is laughable. As you say though, each to his own.

I would rather pay more for quality stuff than have to go back to a job for skimping out when it can be easy adding into pricing of jobs

It doesn't do the same job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.