wickes one coat

S a plastering

Private Member
has anyone used this for patching got a full house rewire of patching to do didn't want to go on the bonding skim route wanted to just fill with this gear but never really used it just wondered thoughts or not to bother if its shhit to use cheers

It does not like to go on to thick and will sag if you put too much on. When finishing use a sponge to get fat up. I could be wrong but I think it is just mp75 in a different bag.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I know the lads on the other thread are talking about buying a machine.
Spray it on.

Spray all the chases and then spray the spark !!!

It's awful. Have had customers in the past patch chases themselves that I've then scraped out and re done.

Was in wickes the other day seen it but not used it , brought there pva for a job could only dilute it 2-1 though was like piss at that
wickes one coat

Enjoyed having a look round shop though

has anyone used this for patching got a full house rewire of patching to do didn't want to go on the bonding skim route wanted to just fill with this gear but never really used it just wondered thoughts or not to bother if its shhit to use cheers

A chap I worked with many years ago use to use the zombie mix for patching and then just trowel it up pretty hard so that he could do it all in one pass...

or you could use the @BritishGypsum bonding 60 then top it out :D

Was in wickes the other day seen it but not used it , brought there pva for a job could only dilute it 2-1 though was like piss at that
View attachment 16239

Do you find spreads wont look each other in the eye at the builders merchants .....and if they do catch each other its the filthiest look in the world.
Like a "c**t what you staring at ...its all mines"
Crazy fuucking place.

As said 2 scoops of bonding to 1 bag of finish...

PVA 50/50 ...slightly over fill trowel it back level all in 1 hit pal

Do you find spreads wont look each other in the eye at the builders merchants .....and if they do catch each other its the filthiest look in the world.
Crazy fuucking place.
In my town I'm ok when I'm outer town sometimes have to run back to van quick time

Crazy fuucking place.
Is that a G** thing :estudioso:

View attachment 16239

their pva is quite good tbh. if i,m on a good earner i,ll treat myself to unibond but most of the time
its good old reliable wicks.
come to think of it why are you using pva.

their pva is quite good tbh. if i,m on a good earner i,ll treat myself to unibond but most of the time
its good old reliable wicks.
come to think of it why are you using pva.
Normally use bostik the real pva when have to, in wickes it's £21 thought I'll take a chance with the wickes one as only had a small area needed it for but tbh that 2 water to 1 pva I used from the wickes stuff was same as a 4 to 1 of the bostick so probably should of got the bostik one, normally get it of a mate but was out of town , only reason I was in there

Surprised by that, I rate wickes pva (and I've used them all including no nonsense..once, and only once, shocking)

Bostik is good pva I rate that I find you can skim on it slightly tacky too .. only problem is I have to haggle the price every time I go in

As already said, it's MP75, but about a fiver more a bag. I'm not sure if Wickes still stock it. I tried to get some a few months back and my local Wickes said they didn't stock it any more. Couldn't get BG Universal anywhere, either. But I think they still manufacture it. CCF didn't even have any MP75. Crazy

As already said, it's MP75, but about a fiver more a bag. I'm not sure if Wickes still stock it. I tried to get some a few months back and my local Wickes said they didn't stock it any more. Couldn't get BG Universal anywhere, either. But I think they still manufacture it. CCF didn't even have any MP75. Crazy

I suppose they don't like to stock material that does'nt shift off the shelf quickly
I'm going to try universal one coat through the ritmo when I get the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk