Wickes hop ups

Members online

JohnDoe

20191126_174922.jpg

Vicky Road stoke

I've got a home made wooden one , 7' long love it , not worried about the weight ,
Can anyone tell me if illy be allowed to use it on site ?

I've got a home made wooden one , 7' long love it , not worried about the weight ,
Can anyone tell me if illy be allowed to use it on site ?
Very unlikely, they used to turn a blind eye to mine fifteen years ago. I wouldn't even be able to reach the tops of the walls using the height of normal hopups, they'd probably say I'd have to use podium steps lol

Daft thing is that they get all funny about what hopups you can and can't use, but then let you use stilts.
Yep, stilts was on my mind , have used them before but see them as dangerous and surprised they're allowed

Towers or hop up . New build houses your ok . Big commercial like kier ect no chance
Guess I'm gonna need a hop up but want one as long as possible , the ones I've seen aren't long enough to comfortably lay on

Guess I'm gonna need a hop up but want one as long as possible , the ones I've seen aren't long enough to comfortably lay on
I did once see some that were about 2m long on eBay but by the time I tried to order one they were all gone and never came back.
I used stilts up until just after my knee operation, I have a feeling that they caused the operation.

I did once see some that were about 2m long on eBay but by the time I tried to order one they were all gone and never came back.
I used stilts up until just after my knee operation, I have a feeling that they caused the operation.
I'm use to trowelling up ceilings walking backwards lol

Is tying a scaffold plank to two tressles an option on site

Yes if you want the c**ts to throw you off .lol
I've only been on site a few times recently , no card lol , the object was to get the boxes skimmed , as long as I had boots lid and vest they didn't seem bothered about much else , used tressles and planks
Hop ups are too short for full stretch of laying on guess I'll have to change my technique

I've only been on site a few times recently , no card lol , the object was to get the boxes skimmed , as long as I had boots lid and vest they didn't seem bothered about much else , used tressles and planks
Hop ups are too short for full stretch of laying on guess I'll have to change my technique
I use them all the time . Just put the full rooms on if you can

I use them all the time . Just put the full rooms on if you can
Full room lol , usually two 30 m sets and I'm off lol, I'm going to try one coat method when I get the chance , spent most of my time on domestic refurb and overskim so never needed to skim like algeeman lol

Full room lol , usually two 30 m sets and I'm off lol, I'm going to try one coat method when I get the chance , spent most of my time on domestic refurb and overskim so never needed to skim like algeeman lol
That's all I do mainly. Sometimes 3

Oh it's great fun. Like fuk it is :cry:
I'll only do it for a few years , get me fit for retirement , always enjoyed my work but never charged great money , nice gut and board ceiling yesterday
IMG_20191126_084230.jpg

Finished with a thick one coat and sponge , the rest of the house is lime so as rough as I could do to match , no pics as I didn't get done till 7.30 , gotta go back to build extension in spring , will see it painted

Reactions: Djr
I'll only do it for a few years , get me fit for retirement , always enjoyed my work but never charged great money , nice gut and board ceiling yesterday
View attachment 42172
Finished with a thick one coat and sponge , the rest of the house is lime so as rough as I could do to match , no pics as I didn't get done till 7.30 , gotta go back to build extension in spring , will see it painted
What mtr price you been offered on site?

What mtr price you been offered on site?
Bit spoilt , got £5 in Camden early summer , only just got cscs card this week ,lts a bit late now assume I'll start in new year , local is £3.75 so I'd rather travel and stay in my van , take my mountain bike and treat it like a holiday , if I'm away missus or kids will have to sort the pony lol

Bit spoilt , got £5 in Camden early summer , only just got cscs card this week ,lts a bit late now assume I'll start in new year , local is £3.75 so I'd rather travel and stay in my van , take my mountain bike and treat it like a holiday , if I'm away missus or kids will have to sort the pony lol
That not a bad price that . What mtb you got

That not a bad price that . What mtb you got
Standard GT , bomber forks Clark brakes about 8y old , in bits up field at moment not got round to buying new chain , use a Marin whatever at moment as it looks less nickable , eBay jobs I'm too old to jump down cliffs , prefer riding bridleways , will drive up to 50m visit a national trust or similar then do a circular 20/30m tour , got about 30 ordinance maps , been great days out . Done some nice bits of Wales , brakes don't last long on some of those downhills lol

No offence but no site managers going to be happy with 60m2 a day they will need you to keep up with there program!

No offence but no site managers going to be happy with 60m2 a day they will need you to keep up with there program!
That's what I heard , suppose depends on the size of site , I was working in small block of town houses with first fix going on all over so was getting a room or two , moving next door and then back again , might have to team up with Andy g lol. Got private work available if it's a no go but I'd earn more even at £3.50 , also looking forward to being physically pushed

Wickes. At start of thread . Not sure length but you can take a good step on em . @lurpak
4' just checked , suppose I could manage , think I'll probably use two shorter ones taped together . Have used the builders aluminium ones on occasion but the lack of height adjustment isn't suitable , my wooden one I change the legs so it's just right and I can trowel up a 11' span