Wickes 1 coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

Any one use this much? I use it quite bit for filling in chances etc, and it's great, but used it yesterday on a couple of walls, seemed to tear a lot if I didn't drown it with water! It didn't have much on the bag buy way of instructions, what's the correct way to use this stuff guys? & is it the same as mp75? Cheers Rhys.

Used it a long time ago ,as i remember we layed it on in two coats , ruled and filled in , let it pick up a bit then went over it with a float (no nails in )got like the fat up onto the surface let it pick up again then trowel it up .

After you have ruled and filled in let it pick up and then use a wet sponge float to bring the fat up let it pick up again and trowel off

I forgot to add I noticed it blistering as well, but just over the surface after I put the trowell over it? Weird!

It's a great product as it can stick to anything, built up to 50mm,doesn't shrink and can be applied and floated lovely on high suction areas but the method to get a finish is a pain. Especially on a big wall or walls working on yer tod.

yea good gear does hang a bout a bit tho , but the secret is to get it rule it and then spat it and LEAVE it for a while otherwise it will tear , and then sponge it and trowel it, and dry trowel done!, mp 75 thou is a far superior product that does not tear and leaves a better finish

yea good gear does hang a bout a bit tho , but the secret is to get it rule it and then spat it and LEAVE it for a while otherwise it will tear , and then sponge it and trowel it, and dry trowel done!, mp 75 thou is a far superior product that does not tear and leaves a better finish

Have you hand applied the 75?

i have done mate but very small areas, its better suited and formulated to run through a machine and i have sprayed tens of thousands meters of the stuff in the vaterland!!

Status
Not open for further replies.