Why on earth

Members online

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Would you do this?! Wtf!
FA4210E7-712E-47DC-9F0D-6B7B558CD09D.jpeg

Ease up slagging the spark's , perhaps the intention was to have floor standing rad covers
Nah your right

I'm right in the middle of laying new skirting in my rooms and am seeing this in every single one, what is wrong with people? Is it me, or does it seem people nowadays are becoming quite lazy with zero pride in their workmanship.

Although at the other end I'm OCD with quality so that's just as bad :endesacuerdo:

Ease up slagging the spark's , perhaps the intention was to have floor standing rad covers
Nah your right
I am ashamed... I have not given credit where it’s due... the time he took to lift that board, drill pretty holes and then set it back at a jaunty angle.... poor lil’ mite!

Whoever’s fitting the skirt is going to sort it! I’m not taking s**t up and over that

Just tell em...didn't price for moving no wires, Guv'nor. While plastering might be woman's work these days, wiring isn't.

Should be ashamed of himself anyway, getting a woman in to do his DIY.

Just plaster down to the wires, that's 3-4" below the skirting line. By the time they realise there's a problem, you'll be paid and long gone.

Just tell em...didn't price for moving no wires, Guv'nor. While plastering might be woman's work these days, wiring isn't.

Should be ashamed of himself anyway, getting a woman in to do his DIY.

Just plaster down to the wires, that's 3-4" below the skirting line. By the time they realise there's a problem, you'll be paid and long gone.

Love the way you press funny when I'm not joking ;)

Depends on the Joiner I know one or two that go mental if they so that at the end of day it 5minute job for them. joiners are drama queen and lasy fukers I'd sort that out easy if they paid me just hoping ther enough slacke in cable should be
I wouldn’t mind doing something with it if it was more straightforward.

The floorboard is nailed down.

The wires run through holes cut into the floorboard.

The wires are live.

I’d have to take the door and arc off to attempt to prize it up enough (without breaking it) to angle it enough to attempt sawing through the back of the board with f**k all room to manoeuvre.

I have a time frame.

And people should just not to stupid things!!

The wires are live.

I’d have to take the door and arc off to attempt to prize it up enough (without breaking it) to angle it enough to attempt sawing through the back of the board with f**k all room to manoeuvre.

I have a time frame.

Knotch the board should be OK

The wires are live.

I have a time frame.

Fcuk me...listen to you rabbiting on. What you need to do is chisel the board out and shove the wire into the wall. Joiners have sharp chisels. If you have a wood chisel at all, it will be an ancient rusty thing that you got from BnQ and haven't got round to throwing it away that you've been opening tins of paint with.

Therefore, it is the joiner's job. Problem solved. Cheers Ste.

Fcuk me...listen to you rabbiting on. What you need to do is chisel the board out and shove the wire into the wall. Joiners have sharp chisels. If you have a wood chisel at all, it will be an ancient rusty thing that you got from BnQ and haven't got round to throwing it away that you've been opening tins of paint with.

That is ...... a completely bang on description of any chisel I own!

I've said that in one sentence half hour ago

Most sparks are shitbags and that proves it!......
It’s only a 5 min job with a multi tool to put right though. ;)

Would you do this?! Wtf!

Because you're either not an electrician, or if you are you're sh1t?

Those cables are outside the prescribed safe zones for running cable in a wall. Which means they don't meet the regulations, and whoever put them their is either a moron or a c**t.

Please feel free to quote the above to the customer. :sisi: