Why does

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bed the mesh into the insulation

You must have stronger arms than me mate to push the mesh into the insulation.
I think these diagrams are more for the client rather than the guy fixing it who would know the mesh is bedded into the base coat.

the scrim has to be placed onto the base coat.
every system is different,
you can see in the example that the insulation has secondary fixings, in most systems you put the secondary fixings through the scrim,as there is a lot of weight hanging on the scrim

i agree the mesh would on most system go into the top of the base coat you just hide it under the surface, but would it cock it up if it was under the base coat as in the picture ? as surly the size holes in the mesh are big enough to let the render bond to the insulation !!........

i agree the mesh would on most system go into the top of the base coat you just hide it under the surface, but would it cock it up if it was under the base coat as in the picture ? as surly the size holes in the mesh are big enough to let the render bond to the insulation !!........

the holes in the mesh would let some base coat through, the scrim is not adhesive so you need the base coat on first to receive the scrim just like the way you used the jute scrim years ago . when you are scrimimg up a house you drop the scrim from the roof to the base plate [drip bead]

What system would u put fixing through mesh.ive never redn nr done that

most manufacturers have this spec for certain applications - very rare but sometimes say on a hi rise tower with a heavy product such as dash, they may ask for extra fixings to hold the mesh back also secondry to the board fixings.
not promoted much at all and more expensive obviously

that diagram is an illustration only, not an instruction, just a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.