why are we all so busy???????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some rendering in the new year, just had a house cancel on me as some foreigners have undercut me! i I'm not complaining as I'm sure they will be paying their stamp and tax etc :RpS_thumbdn:

Up here i seem to be benefiting from the fact that i am actually a Plasterer. I have done loads of jobs this year for people who work in the building game and actually have on their vans and flyers that they plaster but when it comes to their own houses they actually say to me well tbh i want it done properly on my own house, fluke'n unbelievable really :RpS_crying:

Up here i seem to be benefiting from the fact that i am actually a Plasterer. I have done loads of jobs this year for people who work in the building game and actually have on their vans and flyers that they plaster but when it comes to their own houses they actually say to me well tbh i want it done properly on my own house, fluke'n unbelievable really :RpS_crying:

Spot on raggles,

Probably busy since feb/march last year because that was about the time the newsreader at 10. stopped telling everyone they were f...cked economically so to speak . Some call it social conditioning .

when you say it's your worst year Gibbo , why is that poor rates , just not the work about ?
ps nice pics of your dog makes me want a dog again.

My work comes from developers and builders, never really booked up in advance but I would hear of jobs in the future but never really know when the would be ready then three come at the same time...

I experience similar myself John. you get told about several jobs but no defo start date then wallop ! they all want you at the same time:RpS_laugh:

Im booked until march at the moment, this year has been my best one for at least 3 years and looks set to be better again next year,lets av it.

Where I am in west Yorkshire it's always been a struggle to achieve good rates or price's but it's an absolute joke now.
I'm pricing up against the "skimming courser" brigade, and a finer set of morons you'll never see.
It's not a trade anymore and this is reflected in the **** site work and price's that are mentioned all the time on this forum.
I'd hazard a guess that 70% of the guys on this forum are not time served spreads and you only have to look at some of the moronic posts put up!
It's going to be nearly impossible to get better prices or rates when the so-called economic recovery happens because of the amount of knobsticks that'll work for peanuts?
Sorry to piss on your parade pal but it's gonna be a long hard slog from now on trying to earn a living being a time served professional spread.
Happy new year to my fellow brethren of the trowl.

Where I am in west Yorkshire it's always been a struggle to achieve good rates or price's but it's an absolute joke now.
I'm pricing up against the "skimming courser" brigade, and a finer set of morons you'll never see.
It's not a trade anymore and this is reflected in the **** site work and price's that are mentioned all the time on this forum.
I'd hazard a guess that 70% of the guys on this forum are not time served spreads and you only have to look at some of the moronic posts put up!
It's going to be nearly impossible to get better prices or rates when the so-called economic recovery happens because of the amount of knobsticks that'll work for peanuts?
Sorry to piss on your parade pal but it's gonna be a long hard slog from now on trying to earn a living being a time served professional spread.
All true, we are lucky in London that there is so much to go around.

Know exactly what your saying.had several phone calls starting, i have been on a 1 week plastering course, how do i.seen damp courses done then floated up with browning.and told if you can piss you can plaster.lots of wannabe,s out there.worked on a site going behind spreads putting their work right.watched one chap put all walls and ceiling on in a 12x10 room from start to finish 2 hrs.it was shite told me only needs 2 passes of trowel. and said his firm rated him as their best.

from another time served plasterer.

35 now ..labouring since 16 .
started on tools at 20.
2 vans on the road at 23.
seen it all heard it all done it all.
i no longer give a **** either.
contractors dont.
your bank dont.
the other trades dont.
Long live plastic tools and 1 coating !!!!!!!

started on tools at 20.
contractors dont.
your bank dont.
the other trades dont.

we care about you. :RpS_thumbsup: Welcome

started on tools at 20.
contractors dont.
your bank dont.
the other trades dont.

Hurray that man

Status
Not open for further replies.