Whos using what scrim tape at moment?

6B912127-F2F6-4AE2-9C60-DDC08A48D554.jpeg

Good papertape this - once you get used to applying it, it’s fast and really eliminates cracks/cracking. Happy Sunday all :)

You mean the big rolls of non adhesive?

If so madness!
Yes.
I've tested it over years and it definitely prevents cracking way more than normal scrim which isn't fit for purpose. Plus you can cut it as wide as you want for angles. It's great on Victorian reskims especially when a woodburner is fired up in a room that's been reskimmed and cracks to fuckery without it. Yes it's extra prep time, but less time consuming than dealing with call backs and good for future work.

Yes.
I've tested it over years and it definitely prevents cracking way more than normal scrim which isn't fit for purpose. Plus you can cut it as wide as you want for angles. It's great on Victorian reskims especially when a woodburner is fired up in a room that's been reskimmed and cracks to fuckery without it. Yes it's extra prep time, but less time consuming than dealing with call backs and good for future work.

Then they would be getting a price for full mesh or knock off from me.

f**k bedding every bit of scrim in

Stapl
Then they would be getting a price for full mesh or knock off from me.

f**k bedding every bit of scrim in
Big roll stood up, sharp blade 20 strips in about 90 seconds, then stapled . Cost of product works out less than regular scrim overall. Each to their own, just hate call backs and always looking for more reliable ways of doing things.

Stapl
Big roll stood up, sharp blade 20 strips in about 90 seconds, then stapled . Cost of product works out less than regular scrim overall. Each to their own, just hate call backs and always looking for more reliable ways of doing things.

f**k em it's an economy re-skim not a wand!!!

How do you fix it/bed it in?
Cut the tapes to length, drop tapes into a bucket of water and straight out, stick the tapes onto the joint and run your filling knife over to bed them in ( no gear needed ). The tapes dry to the background in a few minutes (depending on the weather), then you can either fill them out straight way or leave till later. It really is the business to use once you get used to it :)

Just had 24 rolls of this delivered yesterday, seems to be a lot stickier than my usual Euroscrim rolls which I always used previously but must've had a bad batch the last time as it as really sh*ite.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 128
Cut the tapes to length, drop tapes into a bucket of water and straight out, stick the tapes onto the joint and run your filling knife over to bed them in ( no gear needed ). The tapes dry to the background in a few minutes (depending on the weather), then you can either fill them out straight way or leave till later. It really is the business to use once you get used to it :)
Have you ever tried to reskim a ceiling where wet n stick has been used . I have , it all falls off .

Just had 24 rolls of this delivered yesterday, seems to be a lot stickier than my usual Euroscrim rolls which I always used previously but must've had a bad batch the last time as it as really sh*ite.
I had that stuff from R&j . It frays at the edges . The spider scrim from wack has got to be the best stuff I’ve ever used . Even better than FT50

i just buy the orange stuff out tradepoint as i go. way too expensive to be honest @ about £7 a roll lol. robbing bastards

Leith! are yous from edinburgh ? How much is it in toolstation?
B9EF886B-A2B8-4F1E-88E9-F9008B2FFE41.png

I lived up in Edinburgh for a few years - worked in this old Whiskey bond building when it was being converted. Worked all over Leith when the regeneration of the area was starting :)

Reactions: CM1
Yep i know it. Thats in south fort street im in north fort street about a ten min walk away(y)