Who's ever got a phone call to sort out previous eastern european skimmers work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thfc191

Hi just thought i'd share this with everyone, about a year ago i had a mate of a mate ask me to do some skimming he wanted the whole house done i gave him the price and he rang me up saying i got a quote for 800 cheaper i said let him do it.
Ii got a phone call about a month later saying could i go over and do some work and finish off the other guys work he got half way through the house and f****ed it up i said sorry im far too busy and will not correct someone else's mistakes and if i did your have to rip down what he's done , i said you should of gone with me in the first place as you have seen my work at your mates house he didn't say much , so i wasn't interested in doing the work, i never did find out how he got on with the rest of the plastering lol

Have any of you guys ever been called in to re do someone work that you quoted for and never got the job

had loads of this type of thing.

especially on EWI - see there are fellers in eastern europe who fit EWI and some of them are good at it but they promote themselves as "oh we have been fitting this system for years in EE and its new in britain so our experience is much more extensive blah blah blah. thing is this notion gets spread from fat cats bosses to clients and it just not true. for the most part the work I have seen has been just short of a disgrace. fitted by guys who had no jobs back home passing themselves off as these "experienced tradesmen"- not qualified men.

thats not to say they are all the same, I know a three fellers who are very good and dont have a problem using them if there is enough work to go around after the usual gang of are kept busy lads

i no all about it. do what i do. say ill fix it but ill have to get 200 a day. to fix someone else's sh1t.

I agree, if we get a callback on a job someone else started but ruined we are happy to put it right at a cost as we also re enforce our quality of work and build our reputation further. We never look backwards or tell a customer 'told u so', they don't need to be told where they went wrong when their pocket is about to

I also agree that being a good or bad plasterer has nothing to do with what country you are from ! Either you know how to produce great plastering or you don't, and if you don't then don't go around pretending that you do, to me it's fraudulent. Do it right or don't do it!

I also agree that being a good or bad plasterer has nothing to do with what country you are from ! Either you know how to produce great plastering or you don't, and if you don't then don't go around pretending that you do, to me it's fraudulent. Do it right or don't do it!

Exactly right, a man who can use his trowel is just that no matter where he was born

I think what we are trying to point out is common in THIS country now where alot of unskilled and some jobless people from poor countries seen a opportunity being promoted that the building industry in UK needed thousands of tradesmen and the idea you wont be checked out, and can get away with it in uk because bosses only care how cheap you are not what skills you have. So it attracted all the wrong types.

Many a good tradesmen with good reputations in the EU had no reason to leave in the first place, the others seen the gravy train and jumped on it.

government are still printing propaganda saying there will be a shortage of trades by up to 30,000. I have never heard so much rubbish. I could get you ten good men today who are probably working shifts somewhere outside of construction

its not what u no anymore it's who u no. i have a mate and his work is sh1t but he is always working. he work's 4 f.u.c.k all

Status
Not open for further replies.