Who one coats on site ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just domestic but if i was on site after ive seen prices it is tempting , just 2 coat same gear hoy it on , then back over with another thin coat speed , and a few trowels

Ive tried one coating it but its a bit cold this year, try wearing a vest or 2 t-shirts. for me its always 2 coats....hoodie and a body warmer hope this helps :RpS_thumbsup:

tbh for 10yrs I 2 coated plasterboard...about 6month ago tried 1 coating and felt stupid for not doing before....peace of piss just dub out a few joints in front at a time and lay on thicker and don't put quite as much on and don't let it get it front...can cover much more doing 4 smaller sets than 2/3 bigger ones...

also make sure you scrim edges of beads and plaster up them apose to across them mate

It's ok for cupboards in an attic I think And patches.people keep cheapening the trade And They will continue to get peanuts,

Too set n my ways now spunky, want t get out of the game but the credit cards keep bringing me back, 28/. 30 years ago I first picked a trowel up

some times i do a bit of a mix specially as im day rate paid for the firm i work on so ill do a decent proper 2 coat set in the morning then in the afternoon sometimes (if i cant be arsed) ill second coat with same gear flatten straight away let it pick in then give it a true flatten

no, ive seen some people do it and the finish is inferior in my eyes.

two coats for me but thats what i price for ,but i dont blame the site lads as they are taking the pizz with what they pay them !!plastering is probably the worst paid on site and the most backbreaking so until theres a lack of spreads willing to do it things wont change ...plus with all the health and safety they are fighting a losing battle .

Zombie home come you scrim the beads are they prone to cracking with one coat?

yes mate...more importantly though the pattern can show through as your troweling sometimes and as I normaly staple on beads on plasterboard they haven't got the sturdiness of the first coat to grip like when 2nd coating

I've just had a lad skim some drylining in a house I've bought to rent out,we were to busy.
He ALWAYS 1 coats,he won't be ******* one coating for me again,I'm sorry lads,it's ******* rough ;)

I've just had a lad skim some drylining in a house I've bought to rent out,we were to busy.
He ALWAYS 1 coats,he won't be ******* one coating for me again,I'm sorry lads,it's ******* rough ;)

Its all down to the spread mate....I and another couple of spreads I work with 1 coating murders good 80% of lads that we have worked with or on same sites 2 coating...

But il give you an example which agrees with you but also disagrees...

a **** rough spreads 2 coat work will be absoloutley diabolicle if he 1 coats...

a very good 2 coat spread work that understands what to do, when to do it and how to do it with good house keeping, clean angles, skirt lines etc will still produce a good finish on board work...

Zombie

I still wouldn't allow one coating on one of my jobs, sorry but no thanks,

I agree with you in principal john and its certainly a way of eliminating some spreads bad work...

Id never so much as 1 coated a patch up till 6 month ago....started doing a bit with this particular 2 gang and believe me im very anal and there work is flawless and I mean flawless...

But...and this is where people just don't get it if they come across some iffy areas that they feel they cant match 2coat work for quality they 2 coat then back to 1coating where applicable again....and that's where most people come unstuck they just carry on 1 coating regardless...

they also plan there work a little more in terms of dubbing areas out etc as apposed to just straight over everything regardless...

just to add im only talking about boardwork here

Lots of areas need the base coat, possibly a brand new place taped and jointed would hold the quality with one good coat. I won't ever change,I run all sites I am on re the plastering end of things, couldn't do big sites now,,

Lots of areas need the base coat, possibly a brand new place taped and jointed would hold the quality with one good coat. I won't ever change,I run all sites I am on re the plastering end of things, couldn't do big sites now,,

your right john...

big commercial runs with mf walls they 1 all day long..

New builds where all board walk is prepped by themselves to a vey high standard knowing going to be 1 coated all day long...

joints dubbed out first, beads dubbed first, 4 small quick manageable sets...

Any other background, substrate all 2 coat work

your right john...

big commercial runs with mf walls they 1 all day long..

New builds where all board walk is prepped by themselves to a vey high standard knowing going to be 1 coated all day long...

joints dubbed out first, beads dubbed first, 4 small quick manageable sets...

Any other background, substrate all 2 coat work

Sounds like they know what they are doing :)

the proof is in the pudding,, its all about how it looks when painted,, i still 2 coat,, but whether you 1 coat or 2 coat, some c**t can still make it look rough by ******* the painting up of changing the lights

Status
Not open for further replies.