Who I'm I? Superman plasterer?

Members online

Probably one of my favourite times of my life, making my little stand and living in my van in the middle of jan:)
And you still stuck at it fair play to ya wait till u get the real dark days with it though lol

And you still stuck at it fair play to ya wait till u get the real dark days with it though lol
And for all the stick he gets couldnt have done it without the unifinish posterboy @theplasterman aka pete aka vince aka vincey

Yes mate all skimming and boarding and some bits of floating with hardwall, not done any rendering apart from the side of my dads house and the side of a church with pete a few months back....until december last year I did 9-5 in an office so ive loved this first year, the freedom is amazing and answering to no one but me is a revelation....i never understood how hard it would be but you couldnt pay me enough to go back to my old life
You never tempted to try an learn how to do outsides and stuff. More feathers in your cap, the broader the range of jobs you can take on. Obviously it takes practice, but would open up different opportunities for you. Also break the monotony, don't get me wrong I genuinely like skimming, but it's nice to float and scratch and bead, or do bands or reveals etc etc just to stop u Gettin bored. And office job would do my nut in too. f**k that. Lol

Yeah his personallity and humour is lost on most on here...probably cos its written and not in person
Don't know the man, but from what I've seen here he seems a decent nuff bloke don't know why he comes in for so much s**t on here lol

You never tempted to try an learn how to do outsides and stuff. More feathers in your cap, the broader the range of jobs you can take on. Obviously it takes practice, but would open up different opportunities for you. Also break the monotony, don't get me wrong I genuinely like skimming, but it's nice to float and scratch and bead, or do bands or reveals etc etc just to stop u Gettin bored. And office job would do my nut in too. f**k that. Lol
I would love to learn mate, the only problem is no one to learn from...pete is mainly internal and he's the only spread I know

Don't know the man, but from what I've seen here he seems a decent nuff bloke don't know why he comes in for so much s**t on here lol
He brings it on himself, again part of his humour even though some miss that

I would love to learn mate, the only problem is no one to learn from...pete is mainly internal and he's the only spread I know
That's a bit s**t that. Hard to get a chance to pick it up, and it's not something to just try and wing it lol though some shameless bastards seem to. Lol

That's a bit s**t that. Hard to get a chance to pick it up, and it's not something to just try and wing it lol though some shameless bastards seem to. Lol
I get the feeling skimming is quick to pick up, rendering not so much....i'll get there one day though

Mate I will say vince is actually a really good bloke had loads of chats with him good spread as well

I get the feeling skimming is quick to pick up, rendering not so much....i'll get there one day though
Funny thing is I prefer rendering to skimming I done 18months on German embassy with proper restorers was an eye opener

If you had the right person to show u the basics and stuck to small areas you'd pick it up not too bad. More can go wrong rendering etc if it drys to quickly, or sits too long. A lot of rendering comes down to how well the stuff is mixed too. If it's mixed wrong it's a fight from start to finish. But u would pick up tricks to help. Shame no one ur end u could tag along with a few jobs to have a squizzy at it. Though I think I mind seeing on a thread months ago ur mobbed as it is on reskim? No need to branch out just yet.lol

Funny thing is I prefer rendering to skimming I done 18months on German embassy with proper restorers was an eye opener
I prefer internals, float and skim. Though I like external too just rather rattle away at houses if I had the choice.

If you had the right person to show u the basics and stuck to small areas you'd pick it up not too bad. More can go wrong rendering etc if it drys to quickly, or sits too long. A lot of rendering comes down to how well the stuff is mixed too. If it's mixed wrong it's a fight from start to finish. But u would pick up tricks to help. Shame no one ur end u could tag along with a few jobs to have a squizzy at it. Though I think I mind seeing on a thread months ago ur mobbed as it is on reskim? No need to branch out just yet.lol
want to be the full package eventually and will start tapping some of the more helpful lads up for some training eventually but like you said skimming is booking me up currently...no days free till last week of feb.....good problems to have though

want to be the full package eventually and will start tapping some of the more helpful lads up for some training eventually but like you said skimming is booking me up currently...no days free till last week of feb.....good problems to have though
Def nice problem to have. Aye I'm sure the lads in here could help u out at some stage. Anyways summer times a nicer time to consider rendering etc lol

Probably one of my favourite times of my life, making my little stand and living in my van in the middle of jan:)

Good on ya mate. I had people telling me I couldn't do it when I left the office too. Takes ages to learn etc etc made me twice as determined, my old boss can go f**k his own anus, bunch of f**k**g crawling, brown nosing, corporate prick ends. No boss now, just me and the radio. Bootiful. Vince is top bloke too I agree. Peep show my fave, closely followed by Alan partridge which basically gave gervais his material.

Good on ya mate. I had people telling me I couldn't do it when I left the office too. Takes ages to learn etc etc made me twice as determined, my old boss can go f**k his own anus, bunch of f**k**g crawling, brown nosing, corporate prick ends. No boss now, just me and the radio. Bootiful. Vince is top bloke too I agree. Peep show my fave, closely followed by Alan partridge which basically gave gervais his material.
F*****g love peep show.....probably sacralidge but never ever watched partridge...not cos I dislike it just never got round to it

F*****g love peep show.....probably sacralidge but never ever watched partridge...not cos I dislike it just never got round to it

The first series of 'I'm Alan partridge' is just superb, I beg you to watch it. It's a pisstake on corporate world, living in a travel lodge, shopping in esso mini marts, listening to enya. First time I watched the office I thought, you cheeky b*****d, you've ripped off partridge, still good though. Could so relate to Martin Freeman.

The first series of 'I'm Alan partridge' is just superb, I beg you to watch it. It's a pisstake on corporate world, living in a travel lodge, shopping in esso mini marts, listening to enya. First time I watched the office I thought, you cheeky b*****d, you've ripped off partridge, still good though. Could so relate to Martin Freeman.

Loved that series , enjoyed mid morning matters....sidekick Simon sidekicksimon sidekick Simon

I was on a job today, skim a kitchen diner ceiling....f**k**g everything was still in the room, dining table, pots overflowing in the sink, washing drying on the radiators...Told him to move it all and the stupid blank look he gave me made me want to punch him in the face....Loads of wallpaper still on the ceiling, nice cream curtains still hanging up, was even an open box of conflakes on the worktop
been there done that mate why i hardly doit now lol