white finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy17

can you tell me what the white finish is and why its used.dont know anybody thats used it round here or where you buy it but seen it on diy sos and its on ebays speedskim site.is it multi or board finish,whats the benefits etc.does anybody use it.cheers

do u have the link to ebays speedskim site

no good on a computer so wouldnt know how to get it but just type in speedskim on ebay and it was the only one that came up.it maybe tells you what it is but i thought id just ask the lads.thought we were just out of touch with the new materials.

can you tell me what the white finish is and why its used.dont know anybody thats used it round here or where you buy it but seen it on diy sos and its on ebays speedskim site.is it multi or board finish,whats the benefits etc.does anybody use it.cheers

if it is thistle universal it is a one coat plaster, ie to float and set with . it gives a more open finish , the last time i used it was on an old mill which was not going to be decorated, the walls where just sealed with lux washing flakes which could be washed off if decoration was ever used at a later date.

aye your right mate.looks like universal.the knauf sounds like its machine applied but they put it on by hand on the telly.just read up on it and it says to put a tight coat on then use the same mix to second coat then featheredge it off,spatula it off then sponge it and trowel it to a matt finish.has anyone used it?whats it like?ta

lol.now i now how you are 100 percent sure.its you who did the video for it.nice one.im going to order one today and try it out.cheers mate
yep they came and did their product shots on site with us aswell. Great tools just remember you use them straight after you have layed a area down dont let it tighten up.

aye.multi it is.just watched a few youtube vids.that s*p*r*lex looks canny.might get one of those aswell.i just use a refina basic spatula to flatten in first coat.im aiming to make life a bit easier and these tools look impressive.do you still trowel up as normal when using the speedskim.is it only used to flatten once.have you got one spunky?ive had a set of skywalker stilts for a year but cant get away with them.

We flatten straight away. Give it a cross trowel with a speed skim once tightend a bit then switch to s*p*r*lex spats.

aye your right mate.looks like universal.the knauf sounds like its machine applied but they put it on by hand on the telly.just read up on it and it says to put a tight coat on then use the same mix to second coat then featheredge it off,spatula it off then sponge it and trowel it to a matt finish.has anyone used it?whats it like?ta
Done quite a bit of it mate hand aplied and thats exactly how you do it not as good as rough coat and finish as Spunk says but has its uses.

havnt used hardwall.why hardwall and not bonding.or have i had my head burried in the sand.scott from speedskim rang today.should have it in next day or two.

i had a speedskim diddnt get on with it then left it in the truck went to use it the other day just to give it anouther chance and ithas warped to shite in the heat in the back of the motor

have u got the link u read up on

Diamond veneer finish is a white finish formulated for hand application over imperial gypsum base or as a finish of a two-coat system over a sanded gypsum base-coat, imperial veneer base-coat, or diamond veneer base-coat.

The finish is unaggregated, allowing for a smooth or skip-trowel finish. It can also be job-aggregated with clean silica sand to create Spanish, swirl, float, and other texture types. It is harder than regular gauging and lime putty finishes and delivers a more durable wall.
The finish goes on easily, drying in as little as 24 hours under normal environmental conditions, allowing for next day decoration. The diamond veneer finish's working properties allows work to be halted anywhere, and is easily join-able at any point in the room. Its high coverage (as much as 6,000 sq. Ft. Per ton) saves time and money.
The finish is recommended for interior wall and ceiling surfaces as well as over properly prepared monolithic concrete. It provides a strong, hard surface that resists abrasion and surface cracking, and can be job-sanded for use in electric cable heat systems.
There are so many online sites like Alibaba.com, Bradfords.com where you can buy it.

i had a speedskim diddnt get on with it then left it in the truck went to use it the other day just to give it anouther chance and ithas warped to shite in the heat in the back of the motor

wont warp in my truck where i live mate.cant remember what the sun looks like.

havnt used hardwall.why hardwall and not bonding.or have i had my head burried in the sand.scott from speedskim rang today.should have it in next day or two.

Bonding is for low suction backgrounds...ie. engineering bricks or pva'd walls
Browning is for higher suction, as is hardwall but its more durable. In Wickes its cheaper too...

Its not often you float and set using bonding.

:RpS_lol:

Spanky they've discontinued the knauf board finish. It's MP finish now...as in Multi Purpose

Thistle renovating is white iirc. Some builders liked it because they could leave a house unpainted (cos they were being tight) and it looked better for folks looking round.

Status
Not open for further replies.