Which type of render ? advice please

trumpton

Hi,
I am looking for some advice and examples of finishes for external render.

I have just had a block extension to my property on account of the fact we could not adequately brick match & have gone for a contrast option instead.

We have had a few quotes and varying advice from reputable companies. Still confused though an would appreciate some advice.

Its an old house circa 1960's made of brick, but with new block extension. Its only for the blockwork, not brick. Ideally we ont want any cracking and no moss or streaking from window cils.

So far we have been advised on Jub silicone render(being applied by hand) or monocouche in either weber or parex applied by machine.

We would prefer a smoother, contemporary look as opposed the cottage style bumpy finish. We are in the midlans with no real weather extremeties to speak of. Neighbouring properties are a mixture of styles and age, so nothing to 'blend in with' in street scene. However the look we are going for with change of window style an oak porch, is country house.

Thanks in advance

Out of the two then the Jub over monocouche.

Jub is a very good quality product and if you leave it post September they do a winter grade. They do a full silicone and a nano technology version. Avoid the Nano version if you are near a busy road or oil burning boiler.

You will not need Jubs base coat but a render that is manufactured would be a good choice over sand and cement.

If your blocks are not 7 newton then consult your chosen render manufacturer for advice.

Hi,

I have just had a block extension to my property on account of the fact we could not adequately brick match & have gone for a contrast option instead.

We have had a few quotes and varying advice from reputable companies. Still confused though an would appreciate some advice.

Its an old house circa 1960's made of brick, but with new block extension. Its only for the blockwork, not brick. Ideally we ont want any cracking and no moss or streaking from window cils.

So far we have been advised on Jub silicone render(being applied by hand) or monocouche in either weber or parex applied by machine.

We would prefer a smoother, contemporary look as opposed the cottage style bumpy finish. We are in the midlans with no real weather extremeties to speak of. Neighbouring properties are a mixture of styles and age, so nothing to 'blend in with' in street scene. However the look we are going for with change of window style an oak porch, is country house.

Thanks in advance
Just get advice of a renderer, they will have samples of various renders suitable they can bring to site, for you to choose.

Hi,

Thanks in advance
which area are you in?

Go for traditional if you want smooth. Nothing wrong with it. Bagged render with a mesh embedded is as good as anything but will need maintenance (painting). Change your paint colour with changing trends.
If you don’t mind a small aggregate go thin coat (Jub silicone) no need for paint and maintenance free.
The nicest looking finish I think is mono (Weber / Parex) but will need a premium sealer or it won’t look new for very long.
Decisions decisions.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr