Which Type of External Render to Use?????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonjo

Hello,

Our house needs to be re-rendered - old render taking off and totally renewing.

I'd appreciate any advice of what is the best render product to use.

I've been looking at K-Rend but have read its prone to algae and discolouration.

Are there any similar products on the market that doesn't require painting every few years?

Another thought I had, is would it be better to render with plaster and then paint with a weatherproof paint?

Any thoughts, advice, ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Jonjo

Krend prone to algi in real wet conditions mainly if you render below dpc- .this can be hosed down anyway.and discolour would be pollution. As in high car traffic passing.normal sand cement would need more painting than krend.your preference.weber has similar product

Are you in an exposed area? Do you want it roughcast/wet-dash finish or just a smooth render, or something else?

Hi

Thanks very much for your replies.

In answer to some of your questions, we have a cavity wall and yes, we do live in quite an exposed area. The finish of it doesnt really bother me as long as it looks good and does the job.

I think I'm leaning more towards replastered and painted rendering and no gimmicks to be honest.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jonjo

Bubbles what would you say if you said that to a customer and they said 'it's an outside of a building you idiot of course it's going to be exposed' ?

I would explain to him that my interpretation of 'being exposed' means that the building is in an open area (probably rural) and subject to higher than average wind and rain. If I was standing next to him beside this building I doubt the conversation would take place as it would be obvious whether this criteria would apply. :RpS_thumbup:

Pebble dash.nice job as long as you dont get dodgy plasterervleaving joins.an beauty is dont have to paint for years to freshen up.

I would explain to him that my interpretation of 'being exposed' means that the building is in an open area (probably rural) and subject to higher than average wind and rain. If I was standing next to him beside this building I doubt the conversation would take place as it would be obvious whether this criteria would apply. :RpS_thumbup:

Probaly Rural? Your problem Bubbles is you spout absoluite shite. Any idiot knows the most exposed areas in the UK are are western and coastal. In addition on day one at the tech we were told that that there is Building Research Establishment and British Standards guidance as well as stuff in the building regs that describe the meaning of: sheltered, exposed etc. And my dad knew this and he was only a brickie. People like you bring plastering into disrepute. Even Fatarse could ahve told you this.

Exposure
zones
Approximate wind-driven rain*
(litres/m2 per spell)
1. Sheltered
less than 33
2. Moderate
33 to less than 56.5
3. Severe
56.5 to less than 100
4. Very severe
100 or more
*Maximum wall spell index derived from BS8104

Strong language for you...................... your problem steve - apart from the obvious vino one - is spouting too much shite via the old copy and paste method. As I live in a COASTAL AND WESTERN area I kinda know what an 'exposed' area is, but I wouldn't ever disregard the fact that there are many other parts of this island that you decided to leave that are covered in structures situated in 'exposed' areas................go and finish your bottle :RpS_thumbup:

Probaly Rural? Your problem Bubbles is you spout absoluite shite. Any idiot knows the most exposed areas in the UK are are western and coastal. In addition on day one at the tech we were told that that there is Building Research Establishment and British Standards guidance as well as stuff in the building regs that describe the meaning of: sheltered, exposed etc. And my dad knew this and he was only a brickie. People like you bring plastering into disrepute. Even Fatarse could ahve told you this.

Exposure
zones
Approximate wind-driven rain*
(litres/m2 per spell)
1. Sheltered
less than 33
2. Moderate
33 to less than 56.5
3. Severe
56.5 to less than 100
4. Very severe
100 or more
*Maximum wall spell index derived from BS8104

And you say Al brings the trade into disrepute,, have a word

Strong language for you...................... your problem steve - apart from the obvious vino one - is spouting too much shite via the old copy and paste method. As I live in a COASTAL AND WESTERN area I kinda know what an 'exposed' area is, but I wouldn't ever disregard the fact that there are many other parts of this island that you decided to leave that are covered in structures situated in 'exposed' areas................go and finish your bottle :RpS_thumbup:

Language? simply copying you Bubbles. I love observing the sensitivity of members of the pack and their inability to take what they dish out. Warrior excepted.

Hello,

Our house needs to be re-rendered - old render taking off and totally renewing.

I'd appreciate any advice of what is the best render product to use.

I've been looking at K-Rend but have read its prone to algae and discolouration.

Are there any similar products on the market that doesn't require painting every few years?

Another thought I had, is would it be better to render with plaster and then paint with a weatherproof paint?

Any thoughts, advice, ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Jonjo

You cant render with plaster mate just use sand n cement or new types of exterior tackle jobsagoodun :RpS_biggrin:

You cant render with plaster mate just use sand n cement or new types of exterior tackle jobsagoodun :RpS_biggrin:

You can if your polish :RpS_biggrin:

photo-359.jpg

photo-1225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.