Which trusted trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
We run a local scheme in the area where we can oversee each job and we are there for anyone be it customer or trader who needs help or advice whilst the job is going ahead. It can take a lot of pressure off the tradesman and can also help relations between customers and the tradesman, generally speaking though we have minor issues as all our registered traders are great craftsmen. Some of these schemes are popping up here and there but very few have the power to actually oversee each job and to get to a site if there is an issue. I must say we get hundreds of enquiries for local tradesmen a month so our service works but i know a few similar services that don't so its a bit hit and miss with the return you get. Remember most of them are cheaper than things like thomson and yellow pages so it maybe worth giving one a punt - i advise you try it for at least a year before you right it off though and make sure they give you some sort of money back guarantee. We offer all the money back if at the end of a year you've not received any enquiries from us and i know a few offer some others. Which? is a new one so might be advisable to give them a while to see how it goes or ask for a better rate as its a new thing they're doing.

We run a local scheme in the area where we can oversee each job and we are there for anyone be it customer or trader who needs help or advice whilst the job is going ahead. It can take a lot of pressure off the tradesman and can also help relations between customers and the tradesman, generally speaking though we have minor issues as all our registered traders are great craftsmen. Some of these schemes are popping up here and there but very few have the power to actually oversee each job and to get to a site if there is an issue. I must say we get hundreds of enquiries for local tradesmen a month so our service works but i know a few similar services that don't so its a bit hit and miss with the return you get. Remember most of them are cheaper than things like thomson and yellow pages so it maybe worth giving one a punt - i advise you try it for at least a year before you right it off though and make sure they give you some sort of money back guarantee. We offer all the money back if at the end of a year you've not received any enquiries from us and i know a few offer some others. Which? is a new one so might be advisable to give them a while to see how it goes or ask for a better rate as its a new thing they're doing.

Looked at what your offering and it's no different to all the rest your just after a slice of the pie and you don't say what it costs on your site which makes me suspicious straight away unless it's free which I doubt.

"we offer all the money back if at the end of a year you've not received any enquiries from us.."

of course you do .... :RpS_wink:

you might offer it, but that doesn't mean you'll give it ....

View attachment 2377

Just stick to a council one ... I pay £40 a year, they give you feedback cards for customers to rate you then they publish customer comments on the site and people decide off that... non of this paying for leads ..

Had Check a trade ring me the other day ... explained why would I pay them for leads when im on Trading standards gov trader scheme and people will trust that over some fee grabbing middle man....

Status
Not open for further replies.