Which trusted trader

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart23

Private Member
Anyone signed up for this?

Just spoke to them as i saw it advertised on the forum and what happens is you pay £48 registration fee and an assessor comes out and goes through your books to make sure everything is done properly then picks 5 invoices at random to call for feedback on your work. If you pass all that you are allowed to use the which logo on all advertising and people can find you through the which website. Sounds good but its £50 a month. Undecided on wither to try it.

5 invoices at random!! that would be a bit of a lucky dip for some I think, sounds like a lot of money, that said though its not a lot if it brings in some profitable work

have you had a read of the other threads on lead generating websites, some very different opinions

Which is quite a trusted brand and to have it on all advertising would be a bonus but dont know if its worth fifty a month.

Girl on the phone read out a list of places in my area that there doing it in(ayrshire). Think its a gamble just now until it gets up and running.

i do think it is a good idea if you are which. they are going to be taking money off you for nothing. you know they will stab you in the back the moment anything goes wrong. i have never seen a which trusted trader lago anywhere.
every non producer will try to jump on your back. £50 per month that is £600 per year. picking 5 random invoices, i bet that every one passes that test. the only check they want is a cheque

have you considered any of the other lead generators ratedpeople, localtrader etc? I know they work for some but not others, personally I think its down to catchment area

I'm not interested in the lead generating side of it, if i do it it will be to use the logo on my advertising.

Had a conversation with some telephone pest last week and when I asked him how they would verify me he said they would check online to see if I was on any 'council lists'. So I asked him how this would prove if I was any good. He replied that he would also check to 'see how long you've been trading' So I asked him if they would be sending someone to check my work and he said 'no'.
He wanted £9 per £1000 but when I told him I wouldn't give him 9 pence he said he would give the work to someone else. I was gutted :-(

£50 a month for a logo and a service nobody knows anything abooooooot bargain :RpS_thumbsup:
Where do i sign up.

If Which were really trying to look after the consumer they'd just find out who the good tradesmen were and make the list available to everyone, rather than just list those tradesmen desperate enough to hand over large sums of money.

I used to subscribe to 'Which' magazine and their policy was to never accept advertising so as to stay impartial. On that basis I always trusted them and I would think that there is a certain percentage of the market that would use tradesmen with the 'Which' endorsement behind them. Having said that, I personally wouldn't part with £600+ per year for the privelege :RpS_thumbup:

Anyone signed up for this?

Just spoke to them as i saw it advertised on the forum and what happens is you pay £48 registration fee and an assessor comes out and goes through your books to make sure everything is done properly then picks 5 invoices at random to call for feedback on your work. If you pass all that you are allowed to use the which logo on all advertising and people can find you through the which website. Sounds good but its £50 a month. Undecided on wither to try it.

The trader register is cheaper and its run by Trading standards. most counties have one..................

https://www.traderregister.org.uk/website_selection.php

surely it would only be worth £600 a year if you was interested in the lead generating side

It's just another way to slice a corner off some desperate tradesmen, and we have all been desperate at some point in the last 4 / 5 years, I don't care who you are.

I had a quick look, and saw the £40+ set up fee then £40.00 per month, fook that, they are taking the p!ss with a brand and a logo they think is stronger than it is.

Domestic customers don't give a toss about stickers on the back of your van, domestic customer care about 3 things

Price
How clean you leave their house
Standard of work

In that order, you could have "I plastered 10 Downing Street" written on the back of your van, I doubt anything would come of it.

They are leaches, £10 a week to send you some shitty magazine every 3 months, give you a sticker and put your name on a website.

I think I'd rather get sky tv

The advert makes me cringe, some plumber comes on "when I go to bed, I dream about push fit pipes"

Fook me, when I go to bed, I try and give out lass best 3 minutes of her life, roll over, trump and I'm out

Why not see if your local council runs a scheme ... im on my councils scheme (vet you via trading standards, p.l in place etc) one off fee and nothing after that - brings me loads and less than the one your stating

Status
Not open for further replies.