which system???

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Hi chaps,

Following on realy from johnasif thread ref traditional s&c or modern bag gear etc.

Out of curiousity if it was your own house and money was no issue if you had a standard semi with a cavity that needed render due to extension/cover different brick and blockwork would you go for.

A) Traditional s&c then paint

b) A mono of some sorts

c) A thincoat with mesh with 1.5mm silicone/acrylic

????

any view lads?????

Zombie:RpS_unsure:

I would use a render system based on a ocr finished with a nanotechnology bucket coat or paint.

Whats wrong with good old fashioned brickwork.........................:RpS_thumbup:

If on my own house and money no object I would use an anti crack system with a silicate finish.
OCR or similar at 10mm first, then a non cementious mesh base like armat or v555 with mesh and the 2mm grain size for the silicate finish

Last edited:
Me speaking now, not sales!!

I would go for a Thin coat system with Self Cleaning Technology. I personally feel that the performance of these systems outweighs the overall cost also they are anti cracking.

My Grans house is in need of some TLC. Currently it is Dashed and has been painted a few times, it also has Cavity Wall Insulation, the house is still like an Ice Box so we think that it has failed. Therefore, I am putting a Mapei 90mm EWI System over the Top her house with a product called Silancolour Tonachino Plus. It's a 1.2mm Aggregate and is Self Cleaning.

So from me... Thin-coat system any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.