Which speedskim?

Members online

Dairic

hi, I'm looking at getting a speedskim, I have used one before (the original with plastic edge) but looked online and there are speedskim and ox speedskim, with a blue finishing edge or a small edge, any advice?
Cheers

If you only get the one then 100% id go for the blue plastic (ST blade) it's the dogs bollox in most scenarios.
And light years ahead of that original grey blade.
for Flattening and the first couple of passes it's mint
While it is possible to finish with it to a good standard it can be a bit hit and miss if timings are not bang on, so for the final pass i give it the last flick with a medi-flex.
The blue blade speedy also closes hardwall and ocr up a treat.
Personally I think the blue blade speedskim is the best thing Ive bought in the last 20 years.

If you only get the one then 100% id go for the blue plastic (ST blade) it's the dogs bollox in most scenarios.
While it is possible to finish with it to a good standard it can be a bit hit and miss if timings are not bang on, so for the final pass i give it the last flick with a medi-flex.
Personally I think the blue blade speedskim is the best thing Ive bought in the last 20 years.
Cheers, is there a difference with speedskim and ox speedskim, or have they been bought out?

Do you use your medi for anything else, like 2nd coating? If not why not?
I've not tried it for owt else yet, but I'm finding my medi is tearing on last pass, maybe timings or not enough water?

Do you use your medi for anything else, like 2nd coating? If not why not?
I've not tried it for owt else yet, but I'm finding my medi is tearing on last pass, maybe timings or not enough water?

How old is the medi? Have you used it much? These flexi trowels and the speedskim SF do tear a bit when new so you have to hold them flatter to stop it..... That will bringg a new set of problems so personally I rubbed mine of a lovely new screed to take the edge off.... now it's worn in and i love it when I use it.

How old is the medi? Have you used it much? These flexi trowels and the speedskim SF do tear a bit when new so you have to hold them flatter to stop it..... That will bringg a new set of problems so personally I rubbed mine of a lovely new screed to take the edge off.... now it's worn in and i love it when I use it.
It's 3 mth & used quite a bit but reverted bck to mt a lot
Would you advise wet & dry or a wet stone, don't get near any screeding
Is it just the final pass for you or have you tried laying on with it?

To be honest..... it was screed that was done before I got there..... I couldn't say I advise anything, it just needs wearing in like any trowel (though doesn't take as long) I don't have any set method to skimming.... depends what I feel like at the time (I have too many tools really) but often put on and flatten with MT then take the medi from there.

Reactions: LPS
Cheers, is there a difference with speedskim and ox speedskim, or have they been bought out?

Hi mate, no difference at all - we are still in the process of changing some listing descriptions to show the new OX branding, but anything you do purchase has now been changed to OX Speedskim.
The products and blades are exactly the same profile and haven't changed - the only changes are slightly different blue and changes to stickers.
All made under the same roof and made in the UK :)

Hi mate, no difference at all - we are still in the process of changing some listing descriptions to show the new OX branding, but anything you do purchase has now been changed to OX Speedskim.
The products and blades are exactly the same profile and haven't changed - the only changes are slightly different blue and changes to stickers.
All made under the same roof and made in the UK :)
Looking to buy a Speedskim 600 been using the Ezz spatt for yrs and want to see what the Speedskim is like
Would you recommend the plastic blade or stainless steel
Tks

hi, I'm looking at getting a speedskim, I have used one before (the original with plastic edge) but looked online and there are speedskim and ox speedskim, with a blue finishing edge or a small edge, any advice?
CheersNaelkas
I would'tn bother mate, better of with spats, I like the Nela's personally. Refiina's are ok too , Welcome and good luck .

Last edited:
Looking to buy a Speedskim 600 been using the Ezz spatt for yrs and want to see what the Speedskim is like
Would you recommend the plastic blade or stainless steel
Tks
Stick with the spat , ss . Imo. I like the nela'. The 450 speed with stainless has good reviews though, handy for top landings ( all around the doors )

I’ve been buying the speed skim blades for awhile and using h section and window casket to make our own speed skims cos they are all overpriced. I’ve just done some for a lad on site
21284BB5-E02B-487B-8251-873BEC06FF73.jpeg

Attachments

• B9D5BA1A-8DCB-4006-8E39-B841AAB0D045.jpeg
    B9D5BA1A-8DCB-4006-8E39-B841AAB0D045.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,309
Hi I’m new to the group and always jumped on forum to be nosy lol I’ve invested in ox speedskim plastic blade 900 just wondering if I bought a replacement steel blade 900 would it fit into the plastic blade if removed thanks

Hi I’m new to the group and always jumped on forum to be nosy lol I’ve invested in ox speedskim plastic blade 900 just wondering if I bought a replacement steel blade 900 would it fit into the plastic blade if removed thanks
Yeh course but a bit messing round though

I use the speedskim to flatten 1st and 2nd coat, lay on with mt and trowel up using ox ultra flex.

I've never used a speedskim. I'm an amateur and have a whole house in the USA to plaster. Not much support here. Any help appreciated.

It seems like most people like the original blue plastic and some like the metal. Does anyone like the PF (plastic flex)?

Most youtubes I've seen, people use the 1200mm. What is the 900mm good for?

Thanks