Which render?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHS202020

Newbie here... Be gentle:hola:

First of all I'm not a plasterer... and NOT intending to become one!...but I am a first-time selfbuilder and looking for advice and eventually a really nice rendering finish to my build.

I have been looking around my local area (Kent) and have seen some finished rendering, after only a few years looks stained and discoloured.
been told about Jub- silicone render finish, seems pretty flexible and clean finish... Is this the stuff I'm looking for or is their better?

Externally I will using render board on timber frame construction

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Newbie here... Be gentle:hola:

First of all I'm not a plasterer... and NOT intending to become one!...but I am a first-time selfbuilder and looking for advice and eventually a really nice rendering finish to my build.

I have been looking around my local area (Kent) and have seen some finished rendering, after only a few years looks stained and discoloured.
been told about Jub- silicone render finish, seems pretty flexible and clean finish... Is this the stuff I'm looking for or is their better?

Externally I will using render board on timber frame construction

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Hi mate.

I use jub silicone render daily. Your on the right track with a thincoat render.

Next you need to piece it all together.

Id find a local installer. If you email jub they will provide you with a list.

Secondly make.sure you use the correct boards with the render system. I believe jub are approved with knauf aquapanel. ( the tech rep is a member on here @Runswithscissors ) and other boards approved are renderpro.

Hope this puts you in right direction

Hi mate.

I use jub silicone render daily. Your on the right track with a thincoat render.

Secondly make.sure you use the correct boards with the render system. I believe jub are approved with knauf aquapanel. ( the tech rep is a member on here @Runswithscissors ) and other boards approved are renderpro.

Is jub ur prefered ? Have u used mapai ? Any reasons that jubs better ? cheers bud lol

Ive used both , i mean better for like longativity etc :)
Havent used mapai. I always seem to associate them with tile adhesive.

Im an installer for.them.for few years now so got good repour with them and great back up compared to what ive had with other manufacturers. I know the material and i know what it can do.
Its like other renderers swear by marmorit or whetherby. Knauf or bg. Ford.or vauxhaul.

But as i havent used mapai i cant comment on whos better than who mate

Hi mate.

Thanks Dan
That helps enormously.... It's all in the detail, I only want to do this once!
Appreciated:sisi:

Thanks Dan
That helps enormously.... It's all in the detail, I only want to do this once!
Appreciated:sisi:

Hello mate

Welcome to the Plasterers Forum. I like you post and sensible questions and approach!

As Dan has said above, I am Richard Lord from Knauf and I look after the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Board. It is a 100% cement board designed exclusively for use as a directly applied render carrier board for use on timber frame and SIP projects.

You will find a link to the product brochure below..... feel free to e mail me your contact and project details to rlord@knauf.co.uk

We work with 14 different render system suppliers, including all mentioned above. As Dan says, make your own choice(s) and contact the local representative to get a better rapore.

It may also pay to get in touch with some local render contractors to see their work and what they use

Good luck. Hope to hear from you soon

All the best

Richard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.