which one

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat boy skim

gorilla tub or mixing bucket and spot board ??? i know what id rather use

Carnt remember the last time I used a spot board.............................oh my god I must be a fake :eek: dun dun darrrrn (shock horror)

mr messy said:
on a small room i prefer the gorrilla tub and (dare i say it ::)) plastering tool
On any room large gorilla tub and (Plastering Tool) beats messing about with a spot. stand bucket trowel and hawk .to many things to clean there ive said it mr messy.

havent used a spot for years ........ waste of time and more cleaning to do imo. mix up your gorrila and pace it in the middle of the room on a hop up so no bending over.

Tub most of the time but if I'm on stilts I use the spot board! Can't be arsed to clean the white tubs cause i work on my own most of the time!!

richardbrown said:
havent used a spot for years ........ waste of time and more cleaning to do imo. mix up your gorrila and pace it in the middle of the room on a hop up so no bending over.
that s agorrila spot board then ;D

I use whatever the job needs. ;)
I prefer tall mixing bucket & spot but most the time if it's a small job straight out the big bucket. ;D

richardbrown said:
Here Here its easy to raise the gorilla tub up to the right height so no bending over who wants to use four foot high stand with a spot on top toooooooo much trouble

a spot and stands quicker, what do you all do when youre floating ;D.........ill use a gorrila tub in small rooms though

Who washes the board and stand off ??? youve got to wash the gorilla out same as a skim bucket , theres no quicker or easier way tub or stand its down to personal preference .

church said:
Who washes the board and stand off ??? youve got to wash the gorilla out same as a skim bucket , theres no quicker or easier way tub or stand its down to personal preference .

I just brush the spot board over with my brush out my wash bucket it takes 2seconds ;D

spunky said:
a spot and stands quicker, what do you all do when youre floating ;D.........ill use a gorrila tub in small rooms though

For floating i use a bath & shovel it onto the spot or if not much room i've got a 75ltr bucket i can get a couple of bags of hardwall in it. ;D

a spot always in a gorrilla tub 3 bags is all going off at same rate with spot always fresh

I am always working with some one else and a single bag mix lasts 2 secs so thats why we mix 3 bags in a gorilla tub then usually a 2 bag mix it works for us ;)

Gorilla tub and a coal shovel! One scoop on hawk and away! I get over bag and a half in bucket, plenty to get on with. Mix in the same room as I'm working as Nisus, keeps mess in one place. Got spot and board used to use them all the time but it's one more thing to carry and set up, whereas a couple of buckets and your done.

i like to spray water on ceiling and just throw multi at ceiling then mix in situ using me hands .hope to have saved up enough money by next month to buy one of them trowel things ;)

tex it all said:
i like to spray water on ceiling and just throw multi at ceiling then mix in situ using me hands .hope to have saved up enough money by next month to buy one of them trowel things ;)

That sounds like the medusa pattern ;D ;D

Spot and stand all the way, much better to work with, and quicker for me....

I will use a groilla bucket if i'm doing a h/s/l or thrers no space for a spot and stand, but will try my up most to use one..

I find it goes off quicker in the groilla tub, it's s**t, and splashes everywhere when mixing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.