Which material? Hardwall or CPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
I have a three storey Georgian town house to re plaster, 3m ceiling hieghts and large stairwell, it's all 9" brickwork and was previously done in lime of course, it's been priced for harwall but I think CPI might be a better option, there is a fair depth to go on walls in places, you know the craic, scratch float and skim. Will CPI go through ritmo OK and will it pump 30m through a G4? Any advice appreciated.

Gary it would need 25m of hose to reach top floors, is CPI ok to skim a week after or does it pull in too much? Plan is to prep and scratchcoat walls, tack then float it and skim all at once.

i think it would be alright its only sand and cement in a bag but if scratching dont make the float coat to thick as it hangs a bit

It's better to leave CPI a couple of days you get green suction the day after any time after it'll hang like a twooper

Cheers fellas, we always used to skim s&c next day and it had a bit of suction or the old fellas used to say "It takes it in with it". I think I'll give CPI a go then.

we did a decent size job with cpi lovely stuff to use skim over etc one thing i noticed was where we filled chases out the day before it hung like a trooper over those and tbh i dont know how youd get on if youre going over a scratch coat it may hang too much but deffo like grand says you wouldnt want to have to get youre float coat on thick ......tbh though never tried it bit of a guess from the chases mate

hardwall can go on thicker and its lighter. You would only need to seal the walls instead of scratching them. What bout mp75

I know what your saying Blones but the walls are bad in places so they would need scratch coat anyway, because it's 9inch brickwork hardwall is out of it's place really and i don't fancy carrying 500 bags of hardwall into property and up the stairs. If i use the ritmo I can put it on each floor but G4 means pumping from ground and a nicer way to complete project, as I mentioned before scratch, tack, float and skim.

it goes through the ritmo fine. i had a pub refurb a while back and if ur gonna scratch it the top coat does hang a bit. the rep reckons if u leave the scratch a few days it takes better....
for skimming over, its nice. i did some the next day and found it fine. we also skimmed some up a week later and also fine. when iv had high suction before iv just gone round and splattered everything and left it as is. then come back a few hours later, topped it and ruled and floated one wall at a time. then left it a few days. that worked fine aswell

the last internal i did with cpi, we left it for over a week before sending lads in to skim it all. they were raving about it. I would use it over hardwall anyday because you can get in and spray all day floating out

the ritmo will spray itall day long but max of 20m which aint a problem because the machine is so light youjust move it where needed

Spoke to rep and he said £3.88 a bag delivered with hiab if i have 10 palettes, thinking it over at present, went and had another look at the place today and they want it done a floor at a time so perhaps PVA and hardwall like Blones said might be best option.

British gypsum make a sealer for porous walls and it goes miles brother. You can use betocontakt aswell but its more expensive the bg sealer was much cheaper. I used the ritmo with powercoat gun to spray it on.
TBH i prefer hardwall on refurbs because it can handle depths better, nothing more annoying than some bit you are trying to build out in s/c that keeps flopping back off.
What about Mp75 is it an option ? i found on refurbs it was t**t because you had some walls half board half masonary and that left you screwed

gyprime is excellent. bit pricy but 1 light coat and it completly kills all suction.

i had the same prob with mp75 on a job recently. we just went over the lot but it ended up with yellowy spots bleeding through on the board. but not from the screws. a bg rep who was onsite who used to work for knauf said it was to do with moisture in the boards...

also 3.88 seems a bit pricy especially if ur getting 10 pallets. ur better off with a silo if ur getting that much if its do-able

I ordered two tubs of gyprime today on Bloneseys say so, I cant buy a silomat for this job Blones but I might just get the trailer and tow it about for the craic!

Don't know yet Blones but i paid £53 each and the season ticket holders pad £61 read into that what you want.

No mate it's all ready for spraying on Tuesday with the mono from monocouche render supplies, it goes through it lovely but it's a slow setter, nice gear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.