which is best trowel carbon or stainless steel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirmet

hi was wondering if ther is a difference between carbon and stainless for flattening and finishing the plaster thank you sorry if stupid question

I'm quite new to this, so am probably not the best person to say. But I was told to get a golden stainless steel Marshalltown trowel. As they're high quality and last for yonks...providing no-one else likes it better than you and whips it.

I have used both, I prefer carbon. One thing to watch for is sometimes the stainless trowels can warp after a couple of years use. But thats just my experience with them. I have a 16 year old carbon still dead straight.looks more like a pointing twowel now. But still a mint setter.

Yes very very spare. It is wrapped up in towel behind my seat, as it is so razor sharp it nicks very easy.Dont ever use it to be fair. But its there just in case.

how u doin pal this fukin foru seems to get worse and worse, imo i would use what ever trowel u feel comfy with ma man. fuk if you can finish with a bit o wood then who cares , god if youv got it youve got it mate, 3% o us are good the other 97% are shite and i mean shite, the best wat for you to decide is to batter on and see, bet you aint the worst thobuddy, youl be surprised lol

hi personally i use steel not stainless or golden simply due to fact i find steel shapes better and sharpens more.

I've got a good amount of both types.

Rusty - carbons I find flatten in nicer, but they just don't last as long as stainless.

Carbons break in quite a bit quicker too, but take more maintenance. Once a stainless is proper worn in they last ages.

my ole man has carbons and they are razor sharp, the most beautiful towels i ever lay eye on, lotta maintenance but worth it!!! looks after them better than me
only had stainless steel and im starting to break in my fourth trowel in 15ish years and i look after my trowels just as well. they take longer to break in, and just about time you have it broke in, it tends to get bent out of shape, useable but its not dead straight or flat, all three trowels were from MT, but i`m trying to break in a nela, hopefully it might b more durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.