which breathable render is best?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

got a barn convertion to price(200m2).client want`s a breathable render.which render out there would be the best product to use.majority of barn is stone.

Well Bobby mr render systems can shed light on the obvious lime options. Using a modern system with a good pre rend with mesh followed by base coat with flexible thin coat finish is also an option. An external wall insulation system would be particularly suitable if thermal performance of the solid walls needs to be looked at.

Thermocromax is a good lime render mate but you will need a machine or a few pair of hands to do it and it;s about £20 a bag.

Thermocromax £20?? That is steep. I'm sure I had a price off a guy from lime firms down west wales for 6 odd quid a bag for white? Did a stone cottage with the blonester using the modern system above and it was arguably the best specced job I've been involved in really. Especially with the raised roughcast type texture of the sprayed silicone bucket render in lobster pink! Sounds puke but looked amazing when finished contrasting with oak windows, slate and stone etc

Goody if you know who the lime firm was give us a link please. I bought a pallat last year just short of £20 a bag. Now I am pissed off.

What happened to base rend l?

Henry the name is lime firms and thermocromex was £367 a tonne pallet

Status
Not open for further replies.