Where we all working this week then ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing this a lot but ended up telling fitters price would be double what it would be if kitchen was out, not done one in a long time now...

Get It Plastered | Roughcasting & Rendering, Plasterer in Ayrshire and Glasgow

I find its usually older customers it happens to, the fitters are in and out not caring what the finish of the kitchen is like and the customers dont know any better. I feel quite sorry for them as its not there fault, but you've got to charge extra for protecting the new units and how awkward the job is.

I would walk from jobs like this unless stuck for
work.

Even then i would take some kidding

looking forward to a 4 hour induction in the morning :rolleyes):RpS_cursing: then for the rest of the week its either carry on with new office block or have a change and do some drilling for the week,, the drilling is just holes in outside wall for cladding and the bloke is paying double what plasterers get,, no skill what so ever,, something wrong there when unskilled blokes can earn much more than spreads

Last edited:
Need one dry day to finish fining down a detached house down the Gower then its all done, then a floor to rip up and relay a few miles from there .

the drilling is just holes in outside wall for cladding and the bloke is paying double what plasterers get,, no skill what so ever,, something wrong there when unskilled blokes can earn much more than spreads

that just about sums it up.i have just seen an agency advert for ewi £9.50 per hour. plastering with a csc card £10 per hour this is in london.
i was talking to a young girl the other day see earns £10 per hour stacking shelves in the evenings at morrisons. years ago plastering was a good job and if you where stupid you got a job in a supermarket. the times they are achangin.

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1396865753.866627.jpg
Just got a 60m2 ceiling on, bit of a shock for a Monday morning on my own!!First real test for my refina supaflex.

Van passed MOT with honours. Not a single advisory.

I forgot to stick a piccy up a few weeks ago. I had a post about van magnets or signs. I went with the magnets in the end mainly for future van resale reasons and also I do some work for another venetian company and they dont want me advertising while working with them

Damp proofing in Woodford then damp proofing in Leytonstone till Monday then finishing off an overskim house we got held up on. Just got a cal to say we've got the go ahead on a 3 story house float and set :RpS_thumbsup:

Spent last 2 days trying not to shout too much at new lab every time he mixed some gear (I'm not paying his wages luckily some one else is) Luckily he is away on another job tomorrow and peace and calm will return to my working day :RpS_biggrin:

Spent last 2 days trying not to shout too much at new lab every time he mixed some gear (I'm not paying his wages luckily some one else is) Luckily he is away on another job tomorrow and peace and calm will return to my working day :RpS_biggrin:

so hard to teach some people how to mix, its like its a rocket science to some :RpS_confused:

Me and my lad will be in deepest somerset plastering a swimming pool under a tent in a light blue marble , then we will wet-polish it with diamond pads to make it smooth to the skin , where you lot working then ?
:)

That sounds brilliant, beats dashing on a council EWI project! Only just descovered this forum, going to be a few hours one night soon invested in a proper scan. Just off to look at your website

Should be on boarding out duties today and tomorrow and a bit of spreading in full housr with extension. Ongoing job. But I feel like ****. Man flu is taking over. Good job I'm not a bird as id now be dead.

Got the day off the morn. its in my contract to have 1 day a week off when the kids are off school for " family Time", so im ganna kick there ass at bowling the morn........................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.