Where do you take lunch?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

john simpson

As above.
I don't really bother , i do mainly domestic so if im offered a cup of tea ill take it but rather just get in and crack on and head home when finished , take a breather here and there.
When on site , used to sit in the van for lunch and listen to the radio , ten break on-site.
Or sit on bags of finish in freezing cold sites , couldn't do that now.
Also used to slide off to the cafe when supposed to be picking up materials ;)

So do plasterers try take regular breaks during the day and where?
Freezing cold sites? fancy coffee shops? filling the front of the van up with rubbish?

No. Don't take 'lunch'.
But will probably sup 6 cups of tea a day, say on a milk crate or hop up, whenever the gear lets me!

BigK , loving the Nela , got a decent run on it today , ceiling about 25m2 and no work at all once it was on and flattened.
Didnt even bother doing a run with MT and turned out perfect!

Same with lunch , loads of tea and phone browsing sitting on the hop up.

Have sum porridge at ome n then on the job ,at mo working on refurbs which involves more than plastering,most days I end up boiling the kettle about 6 times n then have two brews all day and it can be diner on the run which ain't the best all good for yer digestion :sleep::vomito:

Porridge is the business, gets you through the day when you need it to.
CT , you run on strong fuel , the heartburn kills me nowadays , used to be a fry up everyday at 10
now its porridge and fruit

I eat - whatever, wherever & whenever. :sisi:
Depends what the job is & where it is etc. :D

I don't call it lunch either that's what posh people call it, i call it dinner :rolleyes:
As in Breakfast, dinner & tea (y)
(Another mass debate for the forum there Lunch/dinner bit like the hawk/handboard debates ) :popcorn:

When I drink tea I mostly drink it in @imago s van & never ever spill any :inocente: :coffe:

I think i called it lunch but when im thinking about it i would call it bait time , dinner time when a was about ten years old lol a just wanted the southern folk to understand ;-)

It's dinner where I'm from and tea when you get home in the evening.
However been in Ireland 11 years now and have all the phrases implanted in my brain.
One of which is lunch not dinner, and dinner not tea.

Worked with a Connemara plasterer ,Gaelic speaker, used to have four cans of fosters at "lunch hour" whilst reading the guardian,

Love it :) can near picture it. Dont make them like that anymore

Cornflakes in a morning, brew on site at 7 ish sandwich after first gauge then straight through, apart from treat Friday! In Ireland used to have a "fry" a lot on site, seen people tying bags of food to light wires so the mice and rats couldn't help themselves! Or in Ireland a good old breakfast roll, hash brown, rashers, sausage and both puddings and red sauce, hearty fuel ⛽!

Worked with a Connemara plasterer ,Gaelic speaker, used to have four cans of fosters at "lunch hour" whilst reading the guardian,

Love it :) can near picture it. Dont make them like that anymore
Very interesting guy,looked like Luke Kelly, quite intellectual, the builder couldn't figure him at all. The guardian reading ,foster drinking plasterer

I always find myself having to explain to people that plastering is unlike any of the other trades in that we are slaves to the set . A piece of wood or a brick etc can be picked up then put down , walked away from and returned to for any length of time and when you come back they are still the same as when you left them . Once plaster is mixed you have to use it or lose it and like the tide of the sea you can not stop it. I was told when i started out long ago never forget that we work to the Thistle not the whistle .

I eat - whatever, wherever & whenever. :sisi:
Depends what the job is & where it is etc. :D

I don't call it lunch either that's what posh people call it, i call it dinner :rolleyes:
As in Breakfast, dinner & tea (y)
(Another mass debate for the forum there Lunch/dinner bit like the hawk/handboard debates ) :popcorn:

When I drink tea I mostly drink it in @imago s van & never ever spill any :inocente: :coffe:

I've no idea what a handboard is? I know a hawk is what you use to transfer plaster or mortar to before spreading it on the wall. It must be a hawk as no one would invent a 'trowhandboard' as that's just daft. :hueco:

Anyway, it's breakfast, then elevenses, then luncheon, then afternoon tea, followed by dinner and finally supper. The only people who have breakfast, dinner and tea are peasants and Northern working types. You know, the sort of fellows who'd wear brown shoes in town.

OH, and stop spilling fcuking tea in my nice (nearly) new van ya messy t**t! Slosher Nisus, Ryan was right, you're a baddie. :coffee:

I just bring a few sandwiches and eat them when I get a chance,could be troweling a wall having one.Did a room for a woman last Saturday and as usual just as I had the first bucket of skimcoat mixed she pops her head in and tells me breakfasts ready.Had to wolf it down,you can't offend people by saying no.

Status
Not open for further replies.