where do u think i stand with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
The qs sent him an order for £3,600 and it doesnt matter if its written or not. The fact nick turned up demonstrates a price had been agreed and he was allowed to carry on. If nothing was agreed verbally then how would the job get started

The order was worked out on a price per meter which on the BOQ added up to £3600. However the final tally was less meters so a smaller over all price.

I think this is a deliberate stunt by the QS to get a loww rate per meter by pretending it was a bigger job.

I've said it 10 million times............... Builders are f*ckin scum !!!

thats right mate. i think it was intentional as id explained to him the reasons for the price being x amount of days, x amount on gear and the travel being 2 hours away. only thing that makes it more interesting is the owner of the company is my mates dad. but last time i had a prob he said he didnt want to get involved, it was down to me and the qs to sort out.

Of course he didnt want to get involved, because you arnt complaining about being over paid are you!

Try this, phone him up and say youve been over paid by £1000, I'll bet he's happy to get involved then.

When he does offer to be helpfull and intervein, say "oh sorry I meant under paid"

And make this the last time you work for them mate and tell them why.

so theyve knowingly added meterage that dont exist to make up the price?

you could be right, bu they just may have made a genuine mistake and then found themselves saving money because of it, because of the terms of the paperwork.

but yes, for sure they filled in a BoQ that had too many metres on it with nicks price divided into M rates next to the metres

I agree with blones to a degree - a spade in the ground as the saying goes is a contract or an acceptance. but looking at this case you aint started the work based on the verbal price of 3600. you started the job based on a BoQ because that will be the evidence not the verbal the Bill clearly says subject to re-measure and nick did the work (accepted)

nothin he can do here except for get his own back another way......

used engine oil looks good over mono

Nick have you spoke to the qs and said ' you know what we agreed' ? .....is there a case for a verbal contract?

john there is nowhere in the boq or the order or covering note that says subject to a remeasure. they just consider it standard

spunk. i did say that to him. he just said that as far as he was aware it was on rates. i said how can it be if i gave u the price and explained how i got it, without a boq being sent. he then went on the well its up to u, tell me to **** off and lose 1500, or shake my hand and lose 750

nope. just got sent final account to sign to say i agree. they owe me 9k which is a bit of a shitter when i want to argue with them

mine heirs, nick accepted the work believing the job was worth 3600. He would not have taken the job on and completed it had he been aware at any time other than when completed that it was indeed worth 2k. It cannot be proved to a judge that the work was worth 2k by anybody other than an independent expert. It sounds like nothing was signed and even if it was you still have rights. Larger companies and the like always use their own contracts to make thousands of pounds off people because they know that a tiny percentage will actually go all the way.
They do it with subbies and suppliers and use their next jobs as carrots.
Check out carrilion on credit focus they got bout 6 ccjs so far this year and they still have a score of 88 outa 100.
Its all a big con

nick if you say its not subject to re-measure and this is not written in the terms of contract and that is just what they are saying is standard then you may well have a case, its becoming his word against yours now. he has just modified a Bill for your price just to suit their normal policy but he should then accept that your price was only entered into bill format to suit the normal procedure etc and that you should not be held to the quants. the focker is now trying to con you straight and I would suggest he knew what he was going to do right from the minuite he filled out the BoQ.

Deffo seek retribution

mine heirs, nick accepted the work believing the job was worth 3600. He would not have taken the job on and completed it had he been aware at any time other than when completed that it was indeed worth 2k. It cannot be proved to a judge that the work was worth 2k by anybody other than an independent expert. It sounds like nothing was signed and even if it was you still have rights. Larger companies and the like always use their own contracts to make thousands of pounds off people because they know that a tiny percentage will actually go all the way.
They do it with subbies and suppliers and use their next jobs as carrots.
Check out carrilion on credit focus they got bout 6 ccjs so far this year and they still have a score of 88 outa 100.
Its all a big con

this just cements my opinions that the construction industry is the most ill run, corrupt, shambles of any business industry and the fellers at the top are all back scratchers and friends of friends. hardly any have any decency or the credentials to be doing the job they are in. Quality is not an issue its all about money and you dont make it in construction by doing a good job, you make money by shafting and ripping off another firm

I'd take the extra £750, and take the rest out of the quantity surveyors head on a dark night. Have you got a balaclava?

Wouldn`t it be nice and worth seeing to stick a trowel up his arse and say F**K you, or have him put in plaster but in reality would that work and it might land you in bother unless you have a good alibi.
I`d take the money and reimburse yourself off the site.
Good luck Nick

an update if anyone cares.

spoke to the boss a couple of days ago. he said hed look into it. said he wouldnt leave me feeling hard done by. also, would i be able to grab a transformer for him from peckham when i go back to do some snagging. i said yep, as long as ur fair with me

so what do i get this evening. an email from the qs basically repeating the final payment amount, with no alterations.

i think they can stick it from now on

convert what they want to pay you into a daily rate, take out your costs and tell the qs what you earned a day compared to your usual. See if he can help you out

i think the qs is pretty pissed at me for talking to his boss lol.
having looked through the detailed bill he sent me the other day, it seems a little better than i first thought.
the price was 3600, there was a 200 saving for them for plastic beads as opposed to stainless as the buidling was round, and they have added 170 for work i did elsewhere which they have already paid me for. only leaves me 380 out of pocket. but they dont no some of this so im gonna stand my ground out of principle, but maybe not have quite such a tantrum if they say no

Status
Not open for further replies.