When to rub up K rend

Status
Not open for further replies.

South

First K rend job starting tomorrow, four sides bungalow, one of the walls has a step with an internal angle, is it best to do both sides of the internal at the same time or on different days?

The biggest problem I have is knowing when to nail float it up without getting caught out, if I laid on until 2pm? tomorrow, sunny 17 degrees with a breeze, would I be looking to rub up late afternoon / evening or could I rub it the following morning then put on another wall in the afternoon and rub that one the following morning etc etc

Any guide on rubbing timing would be appreciated.

Cheers

at the moment were laying on by 10.30, leaving it to stand then opening it up around 2 ish rubbing up etc.
but we dont piss around sticking it on by hand, machine applied.youll have to factor in mixing up,gving it 2 passes etc.depends how many of you there are.
so in the few hours of standing around we wash machine out, have a spot of lunch etc.
be canny when your rubbing up as youd be amazed the variations in colour youll get in rubbing up at different times etc.

He should be ok owls he is only working at ground level. Was intresting what you said about rubbing up and colour , why do you think it is.

i aint sure,
something to do with the chemical set i guess im sure someone more knowledgable than me would tell you why.
but it can be a bugger if it aint timed right especially if the panels are directly next to each other.

Thanks for this, there is two spreads and two labourers, I'm now thinking start laying on by 8 and aim to stop by noon then rub from 2pm, ish, agree? If I did leave it over night do you think it would be too hard to rub up the next day now? and what do you think about the internal angle walls together or not?

Cheers

well you will have some suction for sure , are you meshing above windows and sills and do you have a I section.

Yeah put the internal on both sides. Saves having to mask the done wall next time. Cut it out nice and square with an angle plane.

dont lay on all day and scrape back the next mate youll be crying scraping it back in this weather .......you might have to bite the bullet and have a bit of a late one or go home for a couple of hours if youve done all youre beading etc

Mono is b*ll***s cos of all reasons given, what you put on at eight you probably could scrape at two the rest is up to you, be prepared to go back late and scrape ive left t till the morning many a time and never lost a wall yet but loads of elbow grease can get a colour prob though thats why it is b*ll***s.

Done all the beads and will mesh stress points just got to bash it on. The I section... well I've tried to read as much as possible about this but it's still a bit of a grey area, I bought two and think that I need to run them over the surface when dry before scratching but why?.... I'm going to feather it dead flat, fill any holes and leave it a couple of mm proud all over for scratching back so what does the I section do??

cool, use it mate just rub it up and down left to right youll get it after a couple of mins its alot quicker than a hand scraper and helps get the wall flat too

yes mate you can still go over it all lightly if you want i section it then rub the rest with a nail float try and catch the wall at an angle its easy to get carried away have a really good look for misses

i section whole panel, then use a medium sharp nail float on it all, then back to top with a showing off a really fine and worn scratcher and you'll get a propper refined finish then brush.......less chances of misses but you do work more than someone just using a scratcher with a that'll do view. Check out the blue parex vid on youtube that blones posted there's me on there with some bad glasses using the I bar and some snazzy looking blue parex

Done all the beads and will mesh stress points just got to bash it on. The I section... well I've tried to read as much as possible about this but it's still a bit of a grey area, I bought two and think that I need to run them over the surface when dry before scratching but why?.... I'm going to feather it dead flat, fill any holes and leave it a couple of mm proud all over for scratching back so what does the I section do??
How did you get on mate? as for feathering dead flat you dont normaly get the time when hand applying get it near enough and catch it right with the I section

Status
Not open for further replies.