when pricing re skims

Status
Not open for further replies.
lately i have been taking a 2x 1 foot square piece of plasrerboard with me,1 of them has a couple of thick coats of pva on them showing how shiney it is.the other has got a sample of soveriegn plasprime on it ,the differance is staggering and really helps with the sell.:RpS_cool:

Well lets say you have a heavy artex ceiling. Give it a coat of plasprime this will seal the ceiling and give you a good surface to skim too . Also good on old shitty lime walls and ceilings and a average suction control over the area.

Interesting , so whats the advantage over PVA

its like applying sandpaper to the whole wall makes for a good surface to skim especially over painted walls believe me ive used pva for 30 years and this is the way forward.#

it does however have a couple of draw backs they are 1-expensive,2 not as easy to apply doesnt dry clear so have to be very neat,3 you need to apply the day before

As your sealing coat mix plastering sand and PVA and roller on leaving a good texured finish, allow to dry, then apply bonding coat of PVA (no sand mix needed).

cheers owls the name goes back to when i lived in Rickmansworth Herts. Me mate was the tricky bricky from ricky and i was the ever ready spready (all very immature)

Oh.........well, I've never used it either mate, just pva, betokontakt & thistlebond-it:RpS_thumbup:

With plasprime they do not put fine sand in it so does not all settle to the bottom like wicks or BG primer's. It is the same thickness from start to finish of the tub.

cheers owls the name goes back to when i lived in Rickmansworth Herts. Me mate was the tricky bricky from ricky and i was the ever ready spready (all very immature)

I have had a few Kebabs from that kebab shop in Mony Hill, not bad either, i did a load of work at Maple Cross,and it was just up the road.

PVA will do the job 90% of the time , i only use bond it on silk paints , never have problems , i think theres so many products on the market now , some forget how good pva properly used is

morning all, can you use it for internal and external rendering/floating s+c? or is it just for re-skims internal like bond-it? thanks claw75.

Plasprime 1st day on the forum an I'm learning all ready..
Yeah ive been using Pva 4 10 years score the ceiling 1st then 5-1 then 3-1 but realistic terms wet then thicker, I've had 2 ceilings fall down whilst I was on the job some sort of latex paint both times but once the plaster fell it took it clean off both times then just skimmed right over, I think those 4 hours reskiming were more cost effective then using Plasprime for 10 years, but I'm defo Gona look in to it,, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.