When did everyone start out?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooper.s

Bit of a random question I know but im only 20 but im regreting not deciding to go into plastering straight from school :( so im just wondering how old everyone was when they first started..

lol owls.... did you get that 2x2 ceiling finished today?

I started with 2 spreads a bit like you pretty late on... and they were bonkers and grumpy old tossers but they taught me a lot... a course chucked in there also helped... yoiu have to really want it though

Danny

same as gipser think thats why ive had probs with back alot, knocking up floating by hand , was fit as f@ck tho

Aye...........same here, bent over the bath for too long helped to f*ck my back up - started in 1981 at 16, fukkin scary how quick it's gone by!

1974 when i was 18... tried plumbing first but hated it... the plasterers on the same site hated my plumber boss and took me on to p isss him off

Started when i was 14/15 on weekends with uncle and brother, mixing up with a baten for the skimming and bath on blocks with a rake and shovel for the dabbing gear or the browning, i actually loved it, kept me well fit and warm in the winter....

Worked with some old guy who still made me do that evan if there was a whisk to be used there, akward prick....Would always get me to bang on all the cuboards and crap bits with the stiff stuff.....

started out when i was 16, had done a bit before when i was 15, did my 3 years apprentiship on the one site, something like 200 houses. never really laboured for the guy i was straight on the tools, there was 14 of us at one stage. boarded, rendered, and skimmed a 3 story appartment in 5 days :RpS_lol:. on the last day we all had one wall to skim each

i remember running sand and cement up the stairs with a fcuking hod on xmas eve at 6,oclock the cnuts never wanted to go home

just over 3 years ago, hadn't a clue what a plasterer was! gave it a try on a friends whimm/recommendation and never looked back, somehow wangled myself onto an apprenticeship and its all going great all i want now is to get my friend who first suggested to train up and learn a trade, to pluck up the courage, take a risk and learn something new and become a part of the building trade himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.